We Closed A Game Out | The Boneyard

We Closed A Game Out

Reaction Score
Sure Butler sucks but it was still nice to see. There were a couple of chances for Butler to get back into it and we stepped on their throats.

I know there was one earlier around 4 or 5 minutes I'm forgetting now, but the biggest one was the 2 missed FTs by Thompson and then Polley nailing the 3. 5 point swing to push the lead to 11 and it was over. Loved the aggression the last 2 minutes too to get points on the fast break

Reaction Score
Sure Butler sucks but it was still nice to see. There were a couple of chances for Butler to get back into it and we stepped on their throats.

I know there was one earlier around 4 or 5 minutes I'm forgetting now, but the biggest one was the 2 missed FTs by Thompson and then Polley nailing the 3. 5 point swing to push the lead to 11 and it was over. Loved the aggression the last 2 minutes too to get points on the fast break
Even though Butler blows I don't think in the past we take that game over the way we did on the road after such a terrible first half.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

Yup we did. it was a single digit game with 3 minutes left. We won by 19. Zero to complain about there. That’s how it’s done. Good signs .

Reaction Score
Without starting a new thread. How insufferable was the 1st half chat last night? I wasn’t in the room but could only imagine the hot takes.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Without starting a new thread. How insufferable was the 1st half chat last night? I wasn’t in the room but could only imagine the hot takes.

It was pretty bad, but then, the team was pretty bad. All of them. Nobody was really good in the first half, Whaley was decent. They wanted to send Martin into space…good thing they didn’t get their wish.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Rebounding in the second half was sensational

Believe it or not, in sports, teams can and do have stretches where they underperform and others where they overperform

It's why they play the games

Hell, even Perno beat Georgetown and Cuse in the 80's a couple of times

Reaction Score
It was pretty bad, but then, the team was pretty bad. All of them. Nobody was really good in the first half, Whaley was decent. They wanted to send Martin into space…good thing they didn’t get their wish.
Martin's play in the 1st half deserved whatever derogatory comments were posted there then as his play was that bad. I am not sure I have ever witnessed such a dramatic turnaround in play of a player from the 1st half to the 2nd. Kudos to him! Without that transformation, they would have lost that game for sure.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Team scored like 24 points and shot somewhere around 25% and was losing by 4 or something like that. You know the chat is going to be brutal.

The chat room is rough when you are streaming because you can be anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute behind the feed on cable. It's actually nice to avoid it.

I popped in at halftime and made one comment about Hurley's mic'd up TO when he was saying to hit the offensive glass harder. My comment was use the TO to draw up better plays and get better shots rather than shoot like crap and hope offensive rebounding bails you out.

Reaction Score
Even though Butler blows I don't think in the past we take that game over the way we did on the road after such a terrible first half.
We have more legit impact players now. On any given night Sanogo, Cole, Martin, or Jackson can all be "the guy". If one goes off and the rest play reasonably well we are hard to beat. I know this week is only two wins against Butler but it feels like this team has turned the corner.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Martin's play in the 1st half deserved whatever derogatory comments were posted there then as his play was that bad. I am not sure I have ever witnessed such a dramatic turnaround in play of a player from the 1st half to the 2nd. Kudos to him! Without that transformation, they would have lost that game for sure.

He was bad. But the comments (yes they were mostly hyperbole) were often of a nature that he should sit on the bench for the rest of the game and perhaps the rest of his time at UConn. Clearly he did not "deserve" those comments, and fortunately Hurley didn't do that. Gaffney gets those comments the most, but honestly, we need him. He certainly can play better and I hope he does.

Reaction Score
I really think Martin hitting that fadeaway shot at the end of the first half that brought us from 6 to 4 was huge. Not only did it leave something good to hang onto at the end of the first half which we played awful but also was a launching board for Martin in the 2nd half. It was big for him to see a tough shot go through the net at the end of the first half to regain some of his confidence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom