We are losing to teams that suck | The Boneyard

We are losing to teams that suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We're not playing exciting basketball, almost like no one is having fun. That could be a chemistry issue.

Reaction Score
Only thing making me feel better about this season thus far is that no NBA team is going to want our players so next season we will be stacked. We need to break out of this slump and stop losing BS game before we miss the tourney again. Gross.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Sloppy ball-handling in the first half...deep slump for DHam and ice cold day for RP. Once Miller had to sit we had a noticeable drop-off in chemistry on offense and defense in general

Reaction Score
Short answer: We suck
Long answer: Piss poor coaching, Brimah's injury, No set offense, DHAM in a slump
Short answer - coaching
Long answer - head coaching and assistant coaching. Purvis and Hamilton 0-2016 MAKE AN ADJUSTMENT

Reaction Score
WHERES THE FAST BREAK POINTS???

I want some old school Uconn basketball back!! I want us grabbing the rebound (Hamilton half the time), getting on the fast break QUICKLY (Hamilton/Purvis/Jalen...this should be VERY easy), and driving to the hoop intensely and drawing some fouls!!!

My goodness. If our half court offense is a lost cause Ollie should be preaching this alternative to getting some easy points!!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Play hard against Memphis, lay an egg tonight. They had a good chance to notch two more road wins. that would of been impressive. Well....anyway.

Reaction Score
It's also a product of the conference, I don't know how a team is supposed to get up for a conference game like these, traveling 1500 miles to Tulsa Oklahoma to play a team with no regional or historical signficance in front a fewthousand people, more empty seats than filled seats. I know if you want to be successful you should be preparing the same no matter the situation, but there's a reality to playing down to competition.

I'm not crazy about Creighton in the Big East for the same reason of being in the middle of nowhere, but at least when teams go there they are guaranteed a 17,000 sell out every night that tends to get the fires stoked. These Tulsas and Houstons and USFs of the world are just morgues that have the feel of random exhibitions.

Reaction Score
All I can say about this is that it seems we overestimated this teams ability coming into the season. On paper we have the most talented team in the conference but they just don't show up every night. I know Tulsa has a better backcourt than we do but our front court should be far superior even without Brimah but we were outrebounded and out played toward the end with alot of help from foul trouble. They just aren't as good as we thought they'd be and personally I'm thinking Ollie is doing the best he can with what we has.

I think I can say that this is the effect of mediocre recruiting and roster turnover for the past four years. I mean just look at what we have currently. There is not much experience in this group and they don't have any identity or depth in rotation. The only top 100 big man we have is Facey (98). Also both of our point guards are first year UConn players. Hamilton is a really poor scorer. The only thing that was good about our team was our grad transfers who are playing well. I think we can look forward to Brimah coming back soon and helping out. We have a great recruiting class coming next year and I expect that the only guys who are going to leave are the ones who have exhausted their eligibility (Gibbs, Miller, Calhoun, and Nolan) I think we could put to rest all the talk about Brimah, Hamilton, and even Purvis going pro next year because its not going to happen. So well have five new guys (Gilbert, Durham, Jackson, Diarra, and Larrier) next year in addition to who we have. We will be back to elite status in no time. But as for this season we will be better by march and make the tournament.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We suck, I'm not sure I said that when Perno was our coach

Reaction Score
T
It's also a product of the conference, I don't know how a team is supposed to get up for a conference game like these, traveling 1500 miles to Tulsa Oklahoma to play a team with no regional or historical signficance in front a fewthousand people, more empty seats than filled seats. I know if you want to be successful you should be preparing the same no matter the situation, but there's a reality to playing down to competition.

I'm not crazy about Creighton in the Big East for the same reason of being in the middle of nowhere, but at least when teams go there they are guaranteed a 17,000 sell out every night that tends to get the fires stoked. These Tulsas and Houstons and USFs of the world are just morgues that have the feel of random exhibitions.
Taking Creighton was dumb. If you needed a fifth Midwestern team, you could have either taken St. Louis, for tv reasons, or if you wanted a better team, with fan support, you could have taken Dayton. Dayton isn't Duke, but they win, probably at a higher level than Creighton. They fill their place, and most importantly, they're an easy trip for all of the Midwest teams, and not horribly far for most of the eastern teams. If Xavier didn't like it, they could have been invited to stay in the A10. Creighton is 471 miles from Chicago, which is it's shortest trip. Dayton is closer to DC than that.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
T

Taking Creighton was dumb. If you needed a fifth Midwestern team, you could have either taken St. Louis, for tv reasons, or if you wanted a better team, with fan support, you could have taken Dayton. Dayton isn't Duke, but they win, probably at a higher level than Creighton. They fill their place, and most importantly, they're an easy trip for all of the Midwest teams, and not horribly far for most of the eastern teams. If Xavier didn't like it, they could have been invited to stay in the A10. Creighton is 471 miles from Chicago, which is it's shortest trip. Dayton is closer to DC than that.

Who cares?
Go to your own boards
UConn has enough problems right now and we don't need to hear about the NBE and A10 issues
Sorry but take this stuff elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky