We Are A Much Better Team Now | The Boneyard

We Are A Much Better Team Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I've heard about the quality of the opponents. I've heard about a lot of other reasons why I shouldn't be excited about the last few weeks. And I hope to God I am not jinxing us by posting this at halftime. But this is a much better team than we were earlier in the season.

Cochran - I wasn't sure he was our guy and I was convinced that we would have to go back to Whitmer at some point. Casey has proven me very wrong. Under control, and making good decisions.

OLine - Wow, what a difference an OL Coach can make! Foley deserves a lot of credit, as do the players, because they have shown over the last couple of weeks that they can pass protect as well as run the football. This was the same unit that couldn't get out of their own way three months ago.

Coaches - Weist is probably not very well thought of here, at least as it pertains to his possible candidacy for being our next coach. But the results on the field are undeniable. The kids are playing for him and showing emotion for him. The other coaches are performing admirably as well. Foley, Hughes, and more specifically, Day, have all shown that they are capable coaches and have turned the ship around. With Day calling the plays (I suspect), we really look sharp on O. The wide receivers are all very good as well.

Here's hoping for an equally good second half. Proud of my Huskies!!!

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I think Casey is making the line look better than they might be. Quick decisions, quick releases. Doesn't allow for pressure to come.

No Hemingway helps too.

Reaction Score
A game thought: What's the percentage that the offense goes ultra-conservative on that last drive before the half and ends up with a FG (at best) under Pasqualoni or even Edsall? 90%? 95%?

There's been a lot of nice things out of the offense these last three weeks, but trying to build on a lead and bury an opponent is something we haven't seen in a while. Let's hope they keep it up in the second half.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I think Casey is making the line look better than they might be. Quick decisions, quick releases. Doesn't allow for pressure to come.

No Hemingway helps too.

I only agree partially. Yes, Casey has shown that he knows how to chuck the ball out of bounds when he needs to, and he can take the quick route when he needs to. But the OLine has done a very nice job in the pass protect, today and last game as well. They've kept the pocket very clean over the last 10 quarters, and they deserve much of the credit for that...

Reaction Score
Casey has given the confidence to the line that if they can hold for a few seconds their work will be rewarded. A lot different from the previous QB's.

Reaction Score
We would not lose to Michigan. Now they expect to win regardless of who they are playing. Everything is better O and D. Go UCONN

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Casey has given the confidence to the line that if they can hold for a few seconds their work will be rewarded. A lot different from the previous QB's.

I attribute the improved OLine play more to Foley than Cochran, but Cochran certainly has played his part in that. In support of Cochran, here's a little fun fact: The UConn offense has not scored less than 21 points with Casey at the helm (4 games). Before that? 1 game (Maryland). Wow...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Wow! A bubble screen on 4th and 1. We are showing a LOT of confidence now...

Reaction Score
I attribute the improved OLine play more to Foley than Cochran, but Cochran certainly has played his part in that. In support of Cochran, here's a little fun fact: The UConn offense has not scored less than 21 points with Casey at the helm (4 games). Before that? 1 game (Maryland). Wow...
Probably right, Foley is awesome,but another QB might have wasted the gain. We are talking about a gain of micoseconds. Whatever the cause the result is amazing. These boys were kicked in the rectum by Buffalo, I doubt that would happen now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom