We Are A Hard Crowd | The Boneyard

We Are A Hard Crowd

Reaction Score
Exactly... of course they probably didnt watch the game to see how ECU pushed the pace early, and how early Geno took the starters off the floor. I do not care... IMHO...Uconn Is GREAT for WBB, especially when they play like last night.
One more thought... may UCONN continue to be bad for WBB right through April 7th!!!! ;);)

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I am confident some in the sports world will renew their claims that UCONN is bad for WBB after last nights game.

Y'all are bad for WBB. Look what you're 2017 beat down turned Mississippi State into ;)...

Screenshot_2019-02-07-08-30-09.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Let's hope Dawn says ECU...meh. But I sorta doubt it, don't you? Still, what our team has succeeded in doing is convincing everyone ... EVERYONE ... that they can beat us on any given night. The whole You Don't Step On Superwoman's Cape mystique is off the table for this year. I think that is why the ECU kid came out and stuck her head down under the towel and sobbed. Beating UConn is most teams' Walter Middy dream, their season, their decade and for a player in a team like ECU "it's a career."

Reaction Score
I am confident some in the sports world will renew their claims that UCONN is bad for WBB after last nights game.
UConn is not bad for WBB but irrelevant games where one team is clearly overmatched is bad for WBB. Those games are hard to watch even for the fans of the superior team. WBB needs more games featuring elite teams. One of the reporters asked Geno why play teams like LOU, his answer was it good for the game, I agree!

Reaction Score
UConn is not bad for WBB but irrelevant games where one team is clearly overmatched is bad for WBB. Those games are hard to watch even for the fans of the superior team. WBB needs more games featuring elite teams. One of the reporters asked Geno why play teams like LOU, his answer was it good for the game, I agree!
OK.....??? :confused::confused: Not sure your point, I was "making a joke"... guess that wasn't clear :);):D. I see you joined BY in Nov 2018.... don't know your background with UCONN WBB...but every time they go undefeated or have a game where everything goes right and they show how good of a team they can be, the cries of "UCONN is bad for WBB" start flying all over the internet, and sometimes on sports shows (ref UCONN vs St. Francis in 1st round of last year's NCAA Tournament). As for playing ECU, UCONN had no choice. It was an AAC League scheduled game. ECU recently lost to the #2 team in the AAC by ONLY 2 points in overtime. The fact that UCONN played a very good game, and at a pace that was initiated by ECU is not UCONN's fault. Some will say UCONN should not play their starters for much time in this type game...well, Lou and Megan played 20 minutes, Pheesa played 21...so that was done. Danger played 27 and CW played 31, but 4 out of 5 subs got over 18 minutes.
As for Games featuring elite teams...with conference game requirements, there is only so much room for out of conference games and history has shown that Geno does not shy away from anyone, anywhere. Win or lose, the OOC games vs elite teams can only be "good" in that they help prepare both teams for the tournament.
I know we agree on that! :cool::cool::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
OK.....??? :confused::confused: Not sure your point, I was "making a joke"... guess that wasn't clear :);):D. I see you joined BY in Nov 2018.... don't know your background with UCONN WBB...but every time they go undefeated or have a game where everything goes right and they show how good of a team they can be, the cries of "UCONN is bad for WBB" start flying all over the internet, and sometimes on sports shows (ref UCONN vs St. Francis in 1st round of last year's NCAA Tournament). As for playing ECU, UCONN had no choice. It was an AAC League scheduled game. ECU recently lost to the #2 team in the AAC by ONLY 2 points in overtime. The fact that UCONN played a very good game, and at a pace that was initiated by ECU is not UCONN's fault. Some will say UCONN should not play their starters for much time in this type game...well, Lou and Megan played 20 minutes, Pheesa played 21...so that was done. Danger played 27 and CW played 31, but 4 out of 5 subs got over 18 minutes.
As for Games featuring elite teams...with conference game requirements, there is only so much room for out of conference games and history has shown that Geno does not shy away from anyone, anywhere. Win or lose, the OOC games vs elite teams can only be "good" in that they help prepare both teams for the tournament.
I know we agree on that! :cool::cool::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yes, we do agree on that. I realize conference games are mandated, I was saying we need the elite teams to play OOC whenever possible. That attracts fans and TV coverage and is good for WCBB. I really hope MSST schedules more like UConn and South Carolina.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Yeah, routs in nationally televised events (all of CT's games are) are not good for WCBB. I remember thinking that about 4 minutes into this one.

PS. Vic was super classy in defeat and that piranhas on a roast comment shall live forever!

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Yeah, routs in nationally televised events (all of CT's games are) are not good for WCBB. I remember thinking that about 4 minutes into this one.

PS. Vic was super classy in defeat and that piranhas on a roast comment shall live forever!

There was really no need to link the video. Now I'm crying on the bench.:(

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Yes, we do agree on that. I realize conference games are mandated, I was saying we need the elite teams to play OOC whenever possible. That attracts fans and TV coverage and is good for WCBB. I really hope MSST schedules more like UConn and South Carolina.
I am guessing that you skipped over the post earlier in this thread by @IWearShoes... MSST doesn't appear to be listening to you yet.

Reaction Score

That was a special team, since I have been watching WBB the best I ever saw!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That was a special team, since I have been watching WBB the best I ever saw!

You know, and it is hard to disagree, after their final year I looked at Geno and said to myself he's gone, because it will never be this good again. His "mike drop" moment. Or as Plutarch said:

When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer. "(Technically a misquote, but I like the misquote better)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom