We are a good team | The Boneyard

We are a good team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Brimah plays like that and Jalen continues playing like that and grows more each game we have a chance to become an outstanding team. Our defense has been great for a while now, the offense is still a struggle but we are cutting out the unforced errors and I think getting a better grasp of what works. I still thought I was going to have a coronary at the end of the game when we went into stall ball mode, you would think we would have learned our lesson by now but DHam made a big shot and we were able to close it out. Hoping the tough love worked and Ollie and Jalen both understand that it's time for coach to give him the keys and Jalen is worthy of being trusted with the keys.

caw

Reaction Score
Yep and SMU is a very good offensive team.

Reaction Score
The team has been very unlucky this year and could easily be ranked in the top 20 if the ball rolled the right way a few times. But I don't think there is a huge difference in quality with trend ranked from 15 to 35. A lot of average to pretty good teams.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I have been saying all along that this team is snakebit
Hopefully, this result will have them feeling good about themselves and continue to play strong
This was a great win in so many ways

Reaction Score
We definitely are a good team. Just still lacking some cohesion on offense, and a late game playmaker. I'm hoping Adams and a healthy Brimah can continue to be the key to solving that problem now.

Regarding late game situations: It does seem like they just psyched themselves out he last two games, but Hamilton made an insanely bad choice to take that second three from 35 feet. Hard to imagine what he was thinking shooting that when you're up by 7 with 2 minutes left and tons of time on the shot clock. A drive there was very likely a foul or basket result, and would have put the game out of reach much sooner. He also looked very shaky on his free throw prep, though he did manage to drop 2 of 3.

Reaction Score
Talent is there, need to close out games. Metrics support us being a top 25 team

Reaction Score
It helps when we are not called for twice the number of fouls as the other team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
stuart_smalley_Daily-Affirmations-I-am-good-enough-I-am-smart-enough-and-doggone-it-people-like-me.jpg

Reaction Score
Tonight w e out-toughed SMU. Man for man, they may be the better offensive team, but when we play tough D and compete on the boards and attack the other team where they are weak, we can beat a lot of teams.

All that said, we were one shot away from nearly giving that game away .......again. That we also have to do something about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom