We are 32-20 in three years in the AAC | The Boneyard

We are 32-20 in three years in the AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As Bill Parcells says, you are what your record says you are. So far, we are a decent AAC team. That is the reality.

Yep, we have brought home a some impressive of NCAA hardware. But we have never really sniffed winning this league. And today was just another reminder of that fact.

Reaction Score
Yes a tie for 3rd place is the highest we have finished. That is ugly considering how often we would win Big East regular season. We have definitely fallen down a level from our height as a program.

Reaction Score
Do you know what a "trend" is?

Hint: it's not something you come to (reliably) with a sample size of three.
2014: 12-6 (T-3rd, 3 games out of first)
2015: 10-8 (T-5th, 5 games out of first)
2016: 10-6 (6th, 2 games out of first)

Downward Trend!

Reaction Score

we've only been in the conference for 3 years Einstein....and every year has gotten worse. I'd say that backs up the trending down claim.

Reaction Score
we've only been in the conference for 3 years Einstein....and every year has gotten worse. I'd say that backs up the trending down claim.
That's factually inaccurate. We have as many wins as we did last year with two games to go. We're a better team this year than last, and the league is much better this year than last. Our worst case scenario is the same record as last year and only 4 games away from first rather than 5.

Reaction Score

Stick to posting videos of Buzz Lightyear or correcting people's grammar on a message board because its apparent you know absolutely nothing about basketball. Yes, when you haven't missed consecutive NCAA tournaments since the late 1980s that is the start of a trend.

Reaction Score
Stick to posting videos of Buzz Lightyear or correcting people's grammar on a message board because its apparent you know absolutely nothing about basketball. Yes, when you haven't missed consecutive NCAA tournaments since the late 1980s that is the start of a trend.
??

We missed consecutive NCAA tournaments? I remember missing last year, but I seem to recall winning a title the year before.

Reaction Score
2014: 12-6 (T-3rd, 3 games out of first)
2015: 10-8 (T-5th, 5 games out of first)
2016: 10-6 (6th, 2 games out of first)

Downward Trend!
In the 8th rank conference(behind P5, Big East, A-10) that at most will receive two-three bids. That must make you feel really good about things.

Reaction Score
??

We missed consecutive NCAA tournaments? I remember missing last year, but I seem to recall winning a title the year before.
This all started with the hypothetical on missing this year's tournament.

Reaction Score
In the 8th rank conference(behind P5, Big East, A-10) that at most will receive two-three bids. That must make you feel really good about things.
It was a league that got 2 bids last year.

Let's not talk about what makes me "feel really good about things." Let's talk about facts.

You can be as upset as you want to be. I DGAF. I do care when you say things that are inaccurate, when you--and others--make up trends to fit a pre-existing narrative. You recognized you were wrong in your assertion, and so moved the goalposts. Good job.

Reaction Score
This all started with the hypothetical on missing this year's tournament.
I literally do not see one post in this thread suggesting that.

Look, we're all upset about the game. The team isn't where we want it to be. But this year is better than last year, and we're still in the tournament at the moment.

Further, I suspect next year will be better than this. We'll find out though.

Reaction Score
I literally do not see one post in this thread suggesting that.

Look, we're all upset about the game. The team isn't where we want it to be. But this year is better than last year, and we're still in the tournament at the moment.

Further, I suspect next year will be better than this. We'll find out though.
Fair enough. I am guilty of merging multiple threads.

Reaction Score
Seriously take an entry-level research statistics class before trying to talk about trends before you further embarrass yourself. And before you retort, let me help you in explaining why: research very often tracks the trend of data, very often some form of behavior. And in the realm of research, three data points is nowhere close to enough to reliably determine an actual trend. Three data points often isn't even enough to establish a baseline. Now, a baseline, before you get confused, is the establishment of the starting data value from which the data progress throughout the study in determination of whether or not a trend occurs.

And it's "it's" not "its".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's getting harder and harder for us to remain indignant about being in this conference when we can't even sniff the regular season title.

As a supposed blue-blood, we should be dominating this conference, not biting our nails about whether we'll get a 1st round bye in the conference tournament.

This is an embarrassment, and it causes long-term damage to our program's reputation.

Reaction Score
The 2014 national title run was fantastic, but it does a lot to cover up for 5 years of regular season mediocrity dating back to the 2011-2012 team. I wouldn't trade the title for more regular season success, but it's still frustrating as a fan of a supposed blue blood for the program to be as consistently average as it has been recently.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
It's getting harder and harder for us to remain indignant about being in this conference when we can't even sniff the regular season title.

As a supposed blue-blood, we should be dominating this conference, not biting our nails about whether we'll get a 1st round bye in the conference tournament.

This is an embarrassment, and it causes long-term damage to our program's reputation.
No sweating a first round bye in the AAC tourney this year, pretty much confirmed 4-5 game.

Reaction Score
The fact is we have gone from being one of the most dominant programs in recent history to being mediocre in a mediocre league. The last remnants of greatness were able to pull off the unimaginable with an NCAA Title coming literally out of nowhere thanks to an amazingly dominant personal effort by Bazz. We are living on an aberration whose glitter is fading away while the AAC slowly bleeds our ability to recruit great players. In days of old, Temple would be a worthy but routinely handled opponent and Houston would be a nice punching bag. Neither the coach nor players are near the caliber of the past. Its just the way it is until we get out of AAC hell.

Reaction Score
The fact is we have gone from being one of the most dominant programs in recent history to being mediocre in a mediocre league. The last remnants of greatness were able to pull off the unimaginable with an NCAA Title coming literally out of nowhere thanks to an amazingly dominant personal effort by Bazz. We are living on an aberration whose glitter is fading away while the AAC slowly bleeds our ability to recruit great players. In days of old, Temple would be a worthy but routinely handled opponent and Houston would be a nice punching bag. Neither the coach nor players are near the caliber of the past. Its just the way it is until we get out of AAC hell.

We have one of our best recruiting classes coming in next year.

Reaction Score
And the only reason we missed on one of the best freshmen in the country this year is because he was bought and paid for by UA and we are a nike program.

Reaction Score
Seriously take an entry-level research statistics class before trying to talk about trends before you further embarrass yourself. And before you retort, let me help you in explaining why: research very often tracks the trend of data, very often some form of behavior. And in the realm of research, three data points is nowhere close to enough to reliably determine an actual trend. Three data points often isn't even enough to establish a baseline. Now, a baseline, before you get confused, is the establishment of the starting data value from which the data progress throughout the study in determination of whether or not a trend occurs.

And it's "it's" not "its".
Its clear your posts are a lame attempt to deflect the fact you know nothing about college basketball. People who are as condescending as you typically are insecure about something. Your focus on grammar and not the team suggests why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom