We’ll need to be able to run the ball tonight. | The Boneyard

We’ll need to be able to run the ball tonight.

Reaction Score
Wind is whipping. Could be the first ever two hour college football game
Whichever team has more success at stopping the run should win, but at the same time whichever teams passing game is more of a threat at keeping the defense honest will have a huge advantage. Jack Zergiotis needs to be on the mark tonight with his passes, that will open things up for Mensah and Tomkins . I like Uconn's chances, especially if Rose is 100%.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We are pretty bad at stopping the run and it’s Navy... As much as I’d love stunning upset, a lot has to go our way.

If I’m Randy I give Maggliozi the night off. We need to keep the ball out of their hands as much as as possible and eat as much clock as possible. We can’t surrender on any of our drives especially in their territory because Navy will be scoring on most of their drives. If we pin them deep all it means is they’ll have a longer more time consuming drive

Limit TOs will be absolutely critical as well.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Whichever team has more success at stopping the run should win, but at the same time whichever teams passing game is more of a threat at keeping the defense honest will have a huge advantage. Jack Zergiotis needs to be on the mark tonight with his passes, that will open things up for Mensah and Tomkins . I like Uconn's chances, especially if Rose is 100%.
Agree. If I were the OC, wind permitting, I'd set up the run with short passing. A run-heavy slug fest with Navy won't go well. We need to take advantage of our speedy, talented receivers.

Reaction Score
Agree. If I were the OC, wind permitting, I'd set up the run with short passing. A run-heavy slug fest with Navy won't go well. We need to take advantage of our speedy, talented receivers.
Navy will get to their yards on the ground, but their pass defense is not that great. We just need to move the ball with a good mix on the ground and in the air. If we can do that I smell an upset. In any event I see a high scoring game.

Reaction Score
We finally saw the OLine play a dominating game. It’s time for 2 weeks in a row. Manhandled the guy in front of them. Counter looked exquisite. One more game. Then another.

Zergiotis won’t be phased by inclement conditions. It’s his stroke zone

Reaction Score
I want to be positive - I really do. But how do you beat Navy without good play at LB?
Score more points than they do. Seriously, how's Morgan? Is he 100% for tonight? Harris and the freshman Mitchell need to be ready tonight.

Reaction Score
Score more points than they do. Seriously, how's Morgan? Is he 100% for tonight? Harris and the freshman Mitchell need to be ready tonight.

In all seriousness, I agree with you. To win we'll have to score a lot of points. Only problem with that is Navy's defense is about a million times better than whatever it was that UMASS put on the field last week.

Reaction Score
One point about Navy. The offensive players are not that big and we seemed to have trouble when the opponent's OL is big. Navy's OL is 287, 305, 260, 287, and 282. Second string OL is 268, 281, 268, 281, and 268. QB is 190. Backs are 175 and 178 and the FB is 218. WRs have good size at 6-5, 215, and 6-3, 200 and I would think they are good blockers.

Although Navy may not have the biggest OL, UConn's defense will have a tough challenge tonight with all the different run options.

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I agree with you. To win we'll have to score a lot of points. Only problem with that is Navy's defense is about a million times better than whatever it was that UMASS put on the field last week.
Their defensive front are ok, but their defensive backfield sucks. Jack Zergiotis needs to be on the mark tonight, and if he is that opens things up for Mensah and Tomkins. A screen pass or two, and run some sweeps. Their corners are worse than ours.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We are pretty bad at stopping the run and it’s Navy... As much as I’d love stunning upset, a lot has to go our way.

If I’m Randy I give Maggliozi the night off. We need to keep the ball out of their hands as much as as possible and eat as much clock as possible. We can’t surrender on any of our drives especially in their territory because Navy will be scoring on most of their drives. If we pin them deep all it means is they’ll have a longer more time consuming drive

Limit TOs will be absolutely critical as well.

On 4th and 3 or less outside our own 40 we need to go for it. On 4th and whatever inside their 40 we need to go for it. Field goals will be meaningless tonight unless its a late one to win the game. O line needs to go into beast mode tonight.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We finally saw the OLine play a dominating game. It’s time for 2 weeks in a row. Manhandled the guy in front of them. Counter looked exquisite. One more game. Then another.

Zergiotis won’t be phased by inclement conditions. It’s his stroke zone
The only way we are sniffing a win is to do something we have a hard time doing and better Ds than ours have a hard time doing. Stop Navy’s running game. We’ve actually had two good running weeks in a row. But our D will have to get them on the field where or not Zergiotis is fazed by the weather. .

Reaction Score
On 4th and 3 or less outside our own 40 we need to go for it. On 4th and whatever inside their 40 we need to go for it. Field goals will be meaningless tonight unless its a late one to win the game. O line needs to go into beast mode tonight.
TO's will be big tonight. The more they run it in a crowd the more they can fumble it. Navy and Army average almost two per game.

Reaction Score
Wind is whipping. Could be the first ever two hour college football game

ever heard of Lubbock, Texas. Mike Leach? Air Raid offense. It’s like the windiest place in America. You can throw lots on the wind. It’s an actual thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom