WCBB Pay vs. Win Percentage-Of course Geno is on Top! | The Boneyard

WCBB Pay vs. Win Percentage-Of course Geno is on Top!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
As many of you know, I have been compiling the salary information for the P5 schools and feel pretty knowledgeable in it. I just complete the W/L records of all 65 Coaches and included Geno on the list of 15 in Salary and Top 15 in Win %. Geno is #1 in Both rankings. I highlighted in BLUE the sort. I added two other columns-Value for Win% and Logical for Salary. In Win%, Tara Vanderveer is 3rd overall, but is 27th in pay so she is Undervalued. Nancy Fahey had a long and great career in D3 but is still new at Illinois so her value is To Be Determined. Kenny Brooks is 47th in Salary but 11th in Win% due to a great run at James Madison. Can he elevate VPI despite the defections? Of interesting note is our two eldest Coaches, Blair and CVS are right next to each other in both Salary and Win% and I would argue Gary's trend is up while CVS is flat to down. Anyways, the most glaring problem child is....Stephanie White who ranks 64th of 66 in Win% but is paid #15 in salary. Ouch!!!

Let me know your thoughts.
1588033092999.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Coach McCallie's winning percentage isnt THAT bad on the surface.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Isn’t Notre Dame considered a P5 school?
Umm, Notre Dame just changed coaches so MM will not be on this list. Go to the ACC WCBB thread on the General Board to see MM ranked within that group.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I would give Vivian "flat" for trend at this point (the actual percentage might be trending down, but not by so much and part of that is how high it was early on), actually Gary is trending flat as well. As to Vivian, while over time she has trended down, actually the last couple seasons were at worst flat, and there is a great recruiting class coming in. Gary performs better than Vivian over-all but - I don't see A&M returning to the Final Four for the rest of his tenure. I just don't. They have been very, very good, year in and year out, but not "great".

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Mind boggling how well paid Coale is considering the past decade her average season is going 19-14 in a bad conference.

Schaefer's percentage is dragged down greatly by his poor performance at Sam Houston State in the 90s. His salary is determined based on his job at MSU where he won 78% of his games. Ignore the 90s stint and it puts him at 5th place overall winning.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That was a weird, and yet interesting metric. I guess it does give a sense of the value of coaches, from a return on investment perspective. Clearly that was a ton of work. Thanks for taking the time and for sharing it with us. It was a thought-provoking post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom