WBB television coverage | The Boneyard

WBB television coverage

Reaction Score
This is been a pet peeve of mine for a while. It’s one of the reasons I actually signed up for the boneyard. Tonight the UConn men’s basketball team will be on TV and there’s pregame and post game coverage. Tomorrow night the women’s team will be on and there is no pregame or post game coverage. Does anybody know why this is so?

Reaction Score
Because men are in charge and they are still many who don't "get" women's basketball. They prefer to watch the 7 footer dunk shows. Simple.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This is been a pet peeve of mine for a while. It’s one of the reasons I actually signed up for the boneyard. Tonight the UConn men’s basketball team will be on TV and there’s pregame and post game coverage. Tomorrow night the women’s team will be on and there is no pregame or post game coverage. Does anybody know why this is so?
This former UCONN WBB great on the right host the pregame show on SNY.
1543361704633.png

Reaction Score
Women's coverage on SNY is going to be a bit sparse until the new year.

Reaction Score
And glitz-covered playground basketball.

I haven’t watched more than 2 hours of college/pro men’s basketball in the past 3 years because I get so much pleasure from watching the UConn women’s game. Once last year, Rebecca Lobo referred to them as being ballet-like. Though I am not a ballet fan, I think a lot of the UConn appeal is in their smooth and rhythmic movement. (And in their ability to crush opponents of course.)

On another note, at least the women get equal billing in tonight’s commercials with the game. Not much, but a step in another direction.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom