WBB Championship Game Moved to Prime Time | The Boneyard

WBB Championship Game Moved to Prime Time

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yesterday, ESPN announced that the WBB national championship game on Sunday, April 3 will be moved from a scheduled 6:00 pm start to 8:00 pm. The move was made as a result of the strike-related delay for the start of Major League Baseball to April 7.

It is the first time the WBB championship game will be aired in prime time since 2016. Hmmmm….who was it that won the championship that year?…. :cool:

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
It is the first time the WBB championship game will be aired in prime time since 2016.
Really? Is that right? It seems the game has always aired in the 7 pm to 9 pm...or 8 pm to 10 pm window. I don't remember it airing as early as 6 pm..or maybe I'm just getting old and don't remember things like I used to.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Really? Is that right? It seems the game has always aired in the 7 pm to 9 pm...or 8 pm to 10 pm window. I don't remember it airing as early as 6 pm..or maybe I'm just getting old and don't remember things like I used to.
Well, for instance, last year’s championship game between AZ & Stanford in San Antonio started at 5:00 pm CST.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Well, for instance, last year’s championship game between AZ & Stanford in San Antonio started at 5:00 pm CST.
I remember last year, I missed the entire championship game because I was in the ER with a blood infection. I was able to listen to the end of the game on the radio driving home when I had finally been released but the contest was over by the time I got back to my house. And, it seemed it was near 9 pm on that Sunday when I did finally get home.

Reaction Score
I like the earlier starts. It's ridiculous that they put games on late on a Sunday night and then wonder why they get poor ratings. I guess they don't think people have jobs to go to on Monday morning?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I like the earlier starts. It's ridiculous that they put games on late on a Sunday night and then wonder why they get poor ratings. I guess they don't think people have jobs to go to on Monday morning?
The Men's championship often doesn't start until close to 9:30 on the Monday night following the women's championship. That is a start time way past my bedtime.

Most people do have to go to work on the Tuesday following the men's championship, which often doesn't conclude until close to 11:30 pm or later.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Maybe you don't remember things like you used to but there is no maybe to you are getting older. ;) That's a definite. :confused: I am glad the game will be played in prime time. I just hope UConn will be in it.

Reaction Score
I remember last year, I missed the entire championship game because I was in the ER with a blood infection. I was able to listen to the end of the game on the radio driving home when I had finally been released but the contest was over by the time I got back to my house. And, it seemed it was near 9 pm on that Sunday when I did finally get home.
Hope everything health wise is better for you now.

Reaction Score
Yesterday, ESPN announced that the WBB national championship game on Sunday, April 3 will be moved from a scheduled 6:00 pm start to 8:00 pm. The move was made as a result of the strike-related delay for the start of Major League Baseball to April 7.

It is the first time the WBB championship game will be aired in prime time since 2016. Hmmmm….who was it that won the championship that year?…. :cool:
Maybe ESPN knows something---we all know. ??

Reaction Score
Maybe you don't remember things like you used to but there is no maybe to you are getting older. ;) That's a definite. :confused: I am glad the game will be played in prime time. I just hope UConn will be in it.
Among the choices beyond "getting older"--of the other, I choose this one.

Reaction Score
It's a good news, bad news thing. It's good that it's going to prime time and it's bad that's news.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Hope everything health wise is better for you now.
Thanks. Yes. My dog had bitten me the week before when I tried to take a food container he had recovered from the trash away from him...and his teeth caused a large gash on my hand that got infected, and the infection gradually spread to my entire hand. It was hot to the touch and wasn't seeming to repair on its own so I went to the hospital the day of the Championship to get some antibiotics.

Dogs are protective of their food and goodies they grab from the trash can. I should have gone to the ER the day that it happened! All is well now, though.

sun

Reaction Score
Consider that the game will be starting at 5:00 pm Pacific Time.

Reaction Score
Maybe ESPN knows something---we all know. ??
ESPN's tradition is Sunday Night baseball. Baseball season will not be underway, so they have an open prime time slot. If there was a baseball game available, the women's championship would be on earlier.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Thanks. Yes. My dog had bitten me the week before when I tried to take a food container he had recovered from the trash away from him...and his teeth caused a large gash on my hand that got infected, and the infection gradually spread to my entire hand. It was hot to the touch and wasn't seeming to repair on its own so I went to the hospital the day of the Championship to get some antibiotics.

Dogs are protective of their food and goodies they grab from the trash can. I should have gone to the ER the day that it happened! All is well now, though.
I’m glad you got this taken care of - a colleague stepped on a metal fork at a picnic and thought nothing of it until his foot swelled up from severe blood poisoning. Unfortunately, they had to amputate.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

Pulido, et al.

Reaction Score
I'm taking the day after off from work. I put in for it even when I thought it would be at 6pm.

Reaction Score
I love the later start. That's because UConn always always gets the second national semi-final game for purposes of TV ratings. Even when they are the number one overall seed and therefore should be assigned to the first semi-final, they never are and end up having to play late into the night.

So the later start gives them more time to recover and be at their best for the championship game, and matches up better to their playing time from two nights earlier.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My experience with college kids (non-athletes) is that they are either nocturnal or semi-nocturnal. Late starts might be tough on us old geezers, but it shouldn't both college kids. I would imagine noon games are tougher, i.e. getting up and out, the shoot around, etc. all before the time the alarm clock usually goes off.

Reaction Score
Perhaps you lived in England last April?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom