Wayback Machine: Caroline Doty | The Boneyard

Wayback Machine: Caroline Doty

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ah, I see the deep connection between Doty and Geno. ;)

1629621418123.png

Reaction Score
You are really dating yourself using the “Wayback Machine” reference. I haven’t heard it in decades. :)
I gave SVC a like purely for the that reference.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I gave SVC a like purely for the that reference.
It was one of my favorite shows in my younger days. :) You can watch those shows on YouTube. I watched some earlier this morning. ;) I’m almost ashamed to admit I enjoyed them. I stopped watching cartoons years ago.

Reaction Score
It was one of my favorite shows in my younger days. :) You can watch those shows on YouTube. I watched some earlier this morning. ;) I’m almost ashamed to admit I enjoyed them. I stopped watching cartoons years ago.
For the uninitiated:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
You are really dating yourself using the “Wayback Machine” reference. I haven’t heard it in decades. :)

Actually there is a current Wayback Machine. Early 'net people were/are boomers with a sense of humor. Just as spam morphed from being a preserved-meat product to a Monty Python skit to unwanted email, the Wayback Machine morphed from being a Peabody-and-Sherman segment to a place where websites are archived.

My favorite reference to Mr Peabody's Wayback Machine was on the Tonight Show, probably in the late 80's or early 90's. Jay Leno (I don't remember whether he was still guesting or the permanent host at that point) said, I think referring to Iran, "That country's so far behind the times, Sherman and Peabody couldn't reach it with the Wayback Machine!"

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The announcer mentioned that her HS teammates consistently mentioned poise and composure. Her last couple of years at UConn, after her knees were trashed and she had good days and bad days, a reporter asked Geno, why do you still start her? Geno said something to the effect that she always set a good tone for the game. She had a calming effect on the team at the beginning of every game; quelled any jitters while still giving the team energy.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
For the uninitiated:

As I was watching this episode, it dawned on me that Mr. Peabody’s speech and personality bore a striking resemblance to that of the fictional movie character Lynn Belvedere, portrayed by The late Clifton Webb.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom