Way OT: URI -Providence Tickets | The Boneyard

Way OT: URI -Providence Tickets

Reaction Score
Some background: My family is from Orange, CT, and every year I try to get back for a UConn game. My cousin is now a senior at URI and so we have typically done a URI game as well. This year, I am coming up for UConn-Indiana at the Garden, and the URI game that it corresponds with is URI-Providence. Side note: we went to the URI Providence game last year at the dunk and as I was standing in line for a beer, I got the alert that Akok Akok was UConn bound, and I made sure to let all the Friars know that UConn was back and Cooley's reign on recruiting was over.

I am trying to buy three tickets for the URI- Providence game this year, but of course URI does not sell single tickets for that game, and to get in the door, it is a minimum of 100 on stub hub. Anyone here have access to tickets? Would rather give my money to a Boneyarder.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some background: My family is from Orange, CT, and every year I try to get back for a UConn game. My cousin is now a senior at URI and so we have typically done a URI game as well. This year, I am coming up for UConn-Indiana at the Garden, and the URI game that it corresponds with is URI-Providence. Side note: we went to the URI Providence game last year at the dunk and as I was standing in line for a beer, I got the alert that Akok Akok was UConn bound, and I made sure to let all the Friars know that UConn was back and Cooley's reign on recruiting was over.

I am trying to buy three tickets for the URI- Providence game this year, but of course URI does not sell single tickets for that game, and to get in the door, it is a minimum of 100 on stub hub. Anyone here have access to tickets? Would rather give my money to a Boneyarder.

Thanks.

"Cooley's reign on recruiting". Funny stuff. The guy has won exactly 1 NCAA tournament game in 14 years as a Head Coach. It's not like he is stuffing the roster with 4 and 5 star recruits. PC is pretty irrelevant from a recruiting standpoint.

Reaction Score
"Cooley's reign on recruiting". Funny stuff. The guy has won exactly 1 NCAA tournament game in 14 years as a Head Coach. It's not like he is stuffing the roster with 4 and 5 star recruits. PC is pretty irrelevant from a recruiting standpoint.

2018 Recruiting Class: UConn Ranked 118 - Providence 21
2017 Recruiting Class: UConn Ranked 84 - Providence 21

Cooley was killing Ollie on the recruiting trail for years before we got Hurley. David Duke, AJ Reeves, and Makai were all top 50 kids and UConn targets....

Reaction Score

Cooley was killing Ollie on the recruiting trail for years before we got Hurley. David Duke, AJ Reeves, and Makai were all top 50 kids and UConn targets....

And those "great" recruits have resulted in a whole lotta nothing in terms of success. Makai wouldn't even get much playing time in our backcourt.

Reaction Score

What about 2019 and 2020?........ KO doesn't count and neither does the AAC

Reaction Score
And those "great" recruits have resulted in a whole lotta nothing in terms of success. Makai wouldn't even get much playing time in our backcourt.

Makai was a bust, but Reeves and Duke would start over anyone on our current roster. Reeves will be a 1st round pick.

Reaction Score
Makai was a bust, but Reeves and Duke would start over anyone on our current roster. Reeves will be a 1st round pick.

Seema like an overstatement. He's pretty good. Averaging 10ppg as a freshman is no joke.

He also averaged less than 1 APG and can't do anything offensively but shoot 3s. I watched them maybe 4x last year. He's not a 1st round pick as an older sophomore unless he steps up his game big time.

I could see some 3 and D potential down the line if he starts generating some more defense

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom