Way too many threads | The Boneyard

Way too many threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure if its the Boneyard transition process or what but the football forum especially is getting really sloppy, do we need a new thread every single time someone has an idea? Very difficult to navigate and just looks amateurish. Maybe its just me, but can't mods merge similar threads or at least focus them them on a particular topic? There have been over 80 new threads started since the end of the game yesterday. Really? Ughh.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I can't help as I'm not a mod on the football side of things, but with the Pitt/Cuse news it's tough to expect a limit on new threads. I think things will settle down in the next couple of days. Unless more realignment news breaks in which case I would expect a big thread on it to emerge.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not sure if its the Boneyard transition process or what but the football forum especially is getting really sloppy, do we need a new thread every single time someone has an idea? Very difficult to navigate and just looks amateurish. Maybe its just me, but can't mods merge similar threads or at least focus them them on a particular topic? There have been over 80 new threads started since the end of the game yesterday. Really? Ughh.

I'm not sure how a message board can have too many threads. It's actually a good sign of an active and involved fan base. Check out the WVU board some time - as active as the Boneyard has been, it's a fraction of the activity over there.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Seriously?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
No offense intended and maybe it's just me but I was immediately reminded of this scene when I read this thread.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the psu board has it right, we should do as they do. they have one thread named "expansion expansion expansion" and its everything, we should just merge all the threads over the couple days into one. everyone post there stuff there and if some 1 makes a thread outside of it, just merge it...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
the psu board has it right, we should do as they do. they have one thread named "expansion expansion expansion" and its everything, we should just merge all the threads over the couple days into one. everyone post there stuff there and if some 1 makes a thread outside of it, just merge it...

Not gonna do it. People would get frustrated with a 500 post thread and rightfully so. There are a hundred different scenarios and angles to the conference realignment issue and it's not fair to posters to bury their thoughts in a monster thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom