Way too early thoughts on AAC rerank | The Boneyard

Way too early thoughts on AAC rerank

Reaction Score
Was just looking back at the ESPN preseason predictions for AAC order of finish. Memphis should still be #1, but will probably see some up and down results while wiseman is out. 2 and 3 though with Cinci and Houston look like they could both just as easily be somewhere in the 5-8 range. Again, it's way too early to really take anything away, but I'll be interested to see how cinci does against Xavier in a couple weeks.

WSU looks about right at 4 while Temple and SMU are interesting. Temple hasn't really played anyone but have a string of good non-conference tests coming up (including common opponents in St Joes and Miami), while SMU's only real result is a win over that team that beat Kentucky.

Minus the St Joes disaster I think we've really shown that we could very easily be a tourney team and finish top 3 in the conference (would that be a first in the AAC?). Usually that shouldn't get a program like ours head over heels, but with the last several years I'll take what I can get especially with it being a year ahead of schedule.

Here's the article I'm looking at if you're interested

Reaction Score
We need to be a top 4 AAC team...not easy but very realistic and great for those of us who have plans to go to Texas on the Friday of the AAC tournament to see uconn play after their first round bye on Thursday.

Reaction Score
I think us and Memphis will be fighting for the top spot. We have players on this team that aren't going to allow us to fall to the losers like USF, Tulsa, etc.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think us and Memphis will be fighting for the top spot. We have players on this team that aren't going to allow us to fall to the losers like USF, Tulsa, etc.
If we win at Tulsa, it’ll be the first time. Same goes for SMU. I think we have maybe 1 at Houston and possibly a couple at Temple. This team has not been a good road team (or home team) for too long for me to count anything automatic.

Reaction Score
we could finish 2nd. just went toe-to toe with 2 top 25 teams and there will only be 1 ranked team in the conference most of the season (besides us). florida would easily win the aac and i'll take xavier's maturity and toughness over memphis.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So far Cinci and Houston haven’t solidified theirselves. Memphis will get Wiseman back and be a very tough matchup. Wichita looks solid. But we should expect to be top 4, top 3 maybe. Run the tourney to close it out. It’s been the goal we gotta follow through

Reaction Score
Uconn should be 6-0. Were not so I'll move on. This team can be anywhere from 1-6 in AAC. I want them at 1 or 2. If they keep playing hardnose defense and were in NCAAs after all this time being absent.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati needs OT to knock off Valparaiso 81-77. Valparaiso misses GW jumper with 2 seconds left in regulation. 2 shaky performances by the Bearcats in a row

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We're winning this thing, because of CV and AG. A/K/A experience at guards

Since when did we set our sites so low? What's the matter with y'all, "snap out of it"

:cool:

OK, go Boneyard on me, I don't care

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Let’s win it and shut the mouths of the twitter trolls that say UConn has never brought anything to the AAC (except, ya know, national titles in multiple sports).

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks Houston and Cinci are going to be below 4 are just kidding themselves
The question is - does UConn break into the top 4?
Way too early to tell but the pieces are there

Reaction Score
Anyone who thinks Houston and Cinci are going to be below 4 are just kidding themselves
The question is - does UConn break into the top 4?
Way too early to tell but the pieces are there
Houston hasn't looked good at all so far. They are a terrible 3 point shooting team.

I think Cincy will play better if Cumberland can get healthy. If he is banged up all year they will continue to struggle. And they have a brutal OOC schedule coming up.

Memphis, Witchia, UConn and Temple could be Top 4. I think SMU is underrated, especially now they got a waiver for Kendric Davis.

pj

Reaction Score
I think we're #2. We're #2 in talent and I think we're #1 in coaching. Maybe #6 in experience and chemistry. But by March, the experience and chemistry will come. It's already progressed significantly from game 1.

Reaction Score
Cincy will struggle early for sure if Cumberland doesn't get healthy. They won last night without him so my guess is they let him rest until he gets well. His stats tell the story.

Reaction Score
Any AAC losses will be competitive. We'll be the only ones blowing out our competitors. That is a welcome change.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom