Way too early request for BET ticket help | The Boneyard

Way too early request for BET ticket help

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Having moved away frome the Northeast thirteen years ago, it's been a while since I've been to the Big East tourney. Used to go every year, and it's probably my favorite sporting event. I typically just stayed in the city and scalpled tickets or bought through the school. But now I've comepletely lost touch with what all of the options are for buying tickets. Here's why I'm asking about this:

We're planning a week long family trip in Spring to NY, and going to the tournament with my 13 year old daughter is the main event. She's already talking about the upcoming season, and seeing the tournament in person. She was back east with my wife a few weeks ago for a funeral, and she called me all excited because they were walking by Madison Square Garden. It's hard to decribe how excited I am to see the tourney again, and to be able to do it with my daughter. She's never been to a big, live sporting event, so this will be great!

Can anyone offer any info on what the options are for buying tickets these days? When do they typically go on sale? (Looks like the tournament starts on Mar 8, is that right?)

I'm risk-averse, so I'm not inclined to spend money for a hotel in the city and flights across the country, only to rely on scalping tix. And this may be a once in a lifetime thing (unless she goes to college in the Northeast), so I'm willing to spend to get good seats for all sessions. I'll scalp off what we don't use.

Thanks in advance for any advice to help make this come together!

Reaction Score
Last year the Big East had books available for sale a few months before. If you’re looking into locking something up early that’s your best bet.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Last year the Big East had books available for sale a few months before. If you’re looking into locking something up early that’s your best bet.
Thanks! So this would mean buying from the conference?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I bought tix for the whole tourney through UConn, as a season ticket holder. I used the sessions I wanted, and sold the rest. You can also buy through the BE. I think I paid about $200 for the whole weekend, and sold my tickets for day 1 and the championship for about $100, so I went to the quarterfinals and semifinals (6 games) for $100. Heck of a deal.

You do not have to buy the whole strip though. You can buy individual session tickets on Ticketmaster and all of the secondary sale sites (stubhub, vivid, etc.). My friends went this route.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Donate 25k to some school

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics