Way too early - Offensive/Defensive POY | The Boneyard

Way too early - Offensive/Defensive POY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Deshon Foxx (Lynchburg, Va.) was named the Offensive Player of the Year - 2014
Andrew Adams (Fayetteville, Ga.) was named the Defensive Player of the Year - 2014

2015 Predictions
Offense - Ron Johnson (I just liked the way he ran last year and with a year at this level (game slows down a bit) and a little better OL play, I can see big things, especially if QB play is not up to par, which is still a ?.

2014: Played in all 12 games, starting five at tailback as a true freshman...led UConn with 429 yards rushing and three touchdowns...capped the season with 101 yards on the ground and a touchdown vs. SMU (Dec. 6)...punched in two goal-line scores in a win over UCF (Nov. 1)...recorded a season-long 11-yard reception vs. BYU (Aug. 29)...carried eight times for 37 yards vs. Temple (Sept. 27)...posted a season-best 23-yard carry at Tulane (Oct. 11)...rushed six times for 48 yards at Army (Nov. 8)...posted 67 yards on the ground at Memphis (Nov. 29).

Defense - Tough one - Marquise Vann - He was a leader last year and I expect it again this year.

2014: Started all 12 games at linebackers...led the Huskies with 105 tackles...added seven tackles for loss and 0.5 sacks...opened the season with 11 tackles vs. BYU (Aug. 29)...posted nine tackles and 1.5 TFL vs. Stony Brook (Sept. 6)...set career-highs with 14 tackles and 2.5 tackles for loss at USF (Sept. 19)...notched 10 tackles at No. 18 East Carolina...had nine stops, 1.5 TFL and 0.5 sacks in the win over UCF (Nov. 1)..had nine tackles and forced a fumble in the season finale vs. SMU (Dec. 6).

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Tough one... but I'll bite:

Offense: Noel Thomas (Norwalk, CT) WR- stepped up last year when GD went down and would appear primed for a breakout season. Hopefully he can step up to that next gear this year and we can find good enough QB play to get him the ball.

Defense: Folorunso Fatukasi (Far Rockaway, NY) DT- An athletic, mobile, 300 pounder who mans the middle and makes plays on the ball? Sign me up. He may not have the most stats on the team as its tough for DT's to have a large statisical impact (unless you're Ndamukong Suh) but I think he will be the MVP of the D in terms of how often he is able to disrupt plays, both runs and passes, and how he will be commanding double teams from opposing Centers and Guards.

Reaction Score
my stab in the dark ...

offense: QB Shirreffs. We don't have a run-blocking OL that can maintain a power running game for 4 quarters. So if we want to have more than 2 first downs a game, we will need to throw the ball with SOME efficiency. Defenses will load up on the line, we need a semi-mobile QB who can make quick smart decisions and short accurate throws for completions. Its asking a lot, hope Shirreffs is the answer.

defense: DE Ormsby. The big guys in the middle of the line should demand double teams, leaving young Ormsby with one on one opportunities. Led team in sacks last year (only 3.5 but nonetheless). Hoping as a Sophomore he can continue maturing into a solid rushing DE (like Jesse Joseph was early in his career, pre injuries) and put some pressure on opposing QBs.

here's to hoping :)

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I see Ormsby is a favorite of many - his name has definitely been mentioned in many a post.
I am expecting a lot from the D this year - and maybe some blitzing even?!

Reaction Score
Bonehead said:
I see Ormsby is a favorite of many - his name has definitely been mentioned in many a post. I am expecting a lot from the D this year - and maybe some blitzing even?!

Hope we don't have to wait for 300 levels to get to blitzing.

Reaction Score
J187Money said:
Hope we don't have to wait for 300 levels to get to blitzing.

His defenses at ND rarely blitzed.

Reaction Score
Adams on D. Love his intensity.
Garret Anderson at QB. Great mobility, awareness and can throw on the run. If he is as good as his juco film he will be THE MAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom