Way too early Big East prediction - End of November Edition | The Boneyard

Way too early Big East prediction - End of November Edition

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The season is about a quarter of the way over, and a picture has emerged of the Big East:

1) UConn - blowout wins against two teams that beat the #1 team in the country gets UConn top billing for now.
2) Creighton - Offensive juggernaut, defense is meh. Played a tough schedule so far and look good.

3) Xavier - lost 3 close games to 3 very good opponents. Miller needs to get Freemantle to play like less of a clown, and Colby Jones to realize he is not a superstar, and this team could do some serious damage this year.

4) St. Johns - has not really played anyone (Nebraska and Syracuse suck), but with their speed, they should match up well with Iowa State. Jones is good, and I think the talent is an upgrade over last year. I mostly have them 4th because the rest of the league has kind of face-planted.
5) Marquette - Good coaching and a mediocre Big East may be good enough for 10 wins in the league this year.

6) Providence - not a single quality OOC win, and they look like a mediocre team. They are not going to catch lightening in a bottle like they did last year.
7) Butler - someone has to be 7th.
8) Seton Hall - surprisingly bad this season
9) Villanova - They looked helpless this weekend. Coaching matters.

10) Depaul - doesn't matter
11) Georgetown - Ewing probably won't make it through the season.

Big East is probably a 5 bid league this year, although the Big East-Big 12 Battle will have a big impact on that.

Reaction Score
St. John’s plays tough and frenetically, doesn’t shoot that great but I think they could give us a good game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom