Way OT - Son's TV Shows | The Boneyard

Way OT - Son's TV Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
A few of you may know that my son is a pretty successful TV producer. He's won 2 Emmys and Temery used one of his shows in the class room (means he must be good). His shows air on such cable networks as History and History 2, Discovery, National Geographic and a few others. For anyone interested, he has a new series starting this Thursday at 9 pm on the Weather Channel about weather in space. He had a long-running series on the History Channel called The Universe and a lot of the scientists from that show are used on the new series. As it happens, the new show will be in the same time slot as another of his shows that's on Nat Geo, called Rocket City Rednecks, now in season two. Jay Leno loves that show, the cast has been on his show 3 times and he appeared in the second show this season. The main guy is a real life Hunstville rocket scientist named Travis Taylor , and my son collaborated with him because he was one of his experts on the Universe series. Different kind of reality show with interesting experiments every show. Earlier this week, Taylor learned that the family of a victim family in Newtown loves the show and while on a trip to NYC, made a side trip to visit the family.

Some shows of my son's you might have heard of are Life After People, The History of the World in Two Hours, Battle 360, the Seven Deadly Sins (a lot of shows with that name on that one, people love sin) and several more. As you can tell, I'm proud of him. He hasn't gone Hollywood and, from his point of view, his best production is his 3 month old son whom we are flying to visit for 10 days starting tomorrow.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Awesome, cohen, I just passed the information on to my wife who will be recording it. Thanks for the heads up.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Awesome, cohen, I just passed the information on to my wife who will be recording it. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks. Viewers keep his family fed. BTW, I'm probably his biggest fan and his biggest critic. I call him right after every show if I can. Of course, I usually can't find much to criticize. :cool:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
You must be very proud to see your son doing so well in a field that he must have been very passionate about to enter.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You must be very proud to see your son doing so well in a field that he must have been very passionate about to enter.

Funny. I have 3 sons. The eldest is a prof of wildlife biology, he was always into that stuff. My youngest is the TV producer. Always around the house with a camera or other creative things. The 2nd is a lawyer. He once commented that he couldn't believe his brothers were making money at their hobbies. Of course, arguing was his main "hobby" around the house, so I guess he's making at his hobby, too.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Cohen, your sons give you much to kvell about.

And for those of you who don't comprend/comprende/capisce:
Mrs. Goldberg was pushing a carriage with two infants inside. Mrs. Rosenbaum saw them and stopped to admire them. "What beautiful children! How old are they?" Mrs. Goldberg kvelled: "The doctor is one and the lawyer is two."​

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Cohen, your sons give you much to kvell about.

And for those of you who don't comprend/comprende/capisce:
Mrs. Goldberg was pushing a carriage with two infants inside. Mrs. Rosenbaum saw them and stopped to admire them. "What beautiful children! How old are they?" Mrs. Goldberg kvelled: "The doctor is one and the lawyer is two."​

Old one joke but still a goodie.

Reaction Score
Because of some of the shows he does I suppose one can't use the stereotypical " It's not Rocket Science" to discribe his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom