way OT - Shenkman's threats during sentencing | The Boneyard

way OT - Shenkman's threats during sentencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
you know, if he wrote that himself, he's not mad at all. he's just twisted, disgusting and sick. he was certainly lucid, and actually very well spoken (educated at least). i hope the judge gave him the maximum sentence.

good grief, he even stated if his assassin can't find his ex wife, he named 3 other people who would be assassinated in her place.

i'm not sure if it makes me a bad person, but i'd not be sad to see him killed in prison.

Reaction Score
70 years and I hope it sticks. Appeals coming. He is MAD not crazy. He is a danger to anyone in,close. or associated with his ex and her family. Life would be too short.

Reaction Score
please tell me this Shenkman is not the same guy as the Shenkamn whom the football complex is names after.

Reaction Score
Heard the clip on the radio... as Eric said:" i'm not sure if it makes me a bad person, but i'd not be sad to see him killed in prison." If it makes you a bad person, I guess I'm a bad person, too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Could you imagine being his lawyer?

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I do not know this case at all. But, if he setup this plan as detailed, it's quite genius. I would be in the camp of people thinking he is not off of his rocker. I feel for the victim as he has made it quite believable that this act could be carried out. I think he wants to die but will not take his own life. He is disturbed but very sane.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
His attorney, Hugh Keefe, is prominent and pretty well respected. Could be he felt that the guy would be seen as so far off his rocker that he let him read that little lunatic piece in an effort to give him a shot at a lighter sentence. At Shenkman's age, a minimally lighter sentence wouldn't have that great an impact. Anyway, the judge did the right thing.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Who is Shenkman and why should we care?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That fact that there are people out there like him is reason for all of us to pause. The world is a dangerous place full of dangerous people.

Always has been and always will be.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
His attorney, Hugh Keefe, is prominent and pretty well respected. Could be he felt that the guy would be seen as so far off his rocker that he let him read that little lunatic piece in an effort to give him a shot at a lighter sentence. At Shenkman's age, a minimally lighter sentence wouldn't have that great an impact. Anyway, the judge did the right thing.
i'm not sure his atty knew what he was going to say. and even if he did, i'm not sure Shenkman would have cared what his atty had to say. he wanted to make his 10 minute speech in open court.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
i'm not sure his atty knew what he was going to say. and even if he did, i'm not sure Shenkman would have cared what his atty had to say. he wanted to make his 10 minute speech in open court.
reports say the Atty didnt know what he was going to say.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Who is Shenkman and why should we care?
did you watch and listen to the video?

if not, that would answer your questions and if you did, you're questions dont make sense!

as we say in other threads... not interested, dont read or reply in thread!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, I watched it but don't understand it's connection. That is why I asked? I thought there might be something I was missing. It is I am not interested I didn't know if it affected someone we knew or the team.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I understood it was off topic but still didn't know if there was something I was missing.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I understood it was off topic but still didn't know if there was something I was missing.
It happened in CT. So it has a local attention. Pretty straight forward there.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It happened in CT. So it has a local attention. Pretty straight forward there.
That I can understand I didn't know if there was more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom