way OT: Moving to Denver/Aurora | The Boneyard

way OT: Moving to Denver/Aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone familiar with the area at all? My fiancé is taking a job at the children's hospital out there and we'll be moving in june. I've been to the area once but only driving through on my way to go snowboarding

We'll probably end up in Aurora do she's close to work, but was wondering if anyone knew any nice areas (were 27 so somewhat close to bars/downtown would be cool). Also, any recommendations on activities or places to go/see? My first order of business will be to get my season pass for snowboarding, and then I have to find a job, too...

Reaction Score
I just left the area (Parker, CO) .. Took a job in Bradenton. I'm about your age as well, I'd recommend Wash Park just outside Denver. Great location with a ton to do

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
If you need a Realtor out there, my network has agents in all 50 states. Send me a private message if your selling in CT or buying in your new state. Good Luck!

Reaction Score
I live in Centennial, CO. Where the Children's Hospital is located, its tough. I dont know Aurora that well, but Uconnsouth is right, lots of bad areas, and a few nice areas, but those are waaay out east in the burbs. Being in your 20's, and guessing you don't have kids, I'd rent a place in the City Park, Cheeseman Park, Congress Park triangle and she can commute ~20-30 minutes from there. Wash Park is nice as well, but a bit further from the hospital. You'll be close enough to Denver and the Tech Center down south to look for work.

Reaction Score
If you need a Realtor out there, my network has agents in all 50 states. Send me a private message if your selling in CT or buying in your new state. Good Luck!
Thanks gem, we were planning on renting for a year then buying, but I'll have to keep that in mind down the road
We might have to spell it out for 27 year olds?
I forgot the town was aurora, but I'm not quite too young for waynes world. probably the only good SNL skit turned movie...honorable mention night at the roxbury
Aurora has a lot of bad neighborhoods, be selective.
Any particular part?

Reaction Score
I live in Centennial, CO. Where the Children's Hospital is located, its tough. I dont know Aurora that well, but Uconnsouth is right, lots of bad areas, and a few nice areas, but those are waaay out east in the burbs. Being in your 20's, and guessing you don't have kids, I'd rent a place in the City Park, Cheeseman Park, Congress Park triangle and she can commute ~20-30 minutes from there. Wash Park is nice as well, but a bit further from the hospital. You'll be close enough to Denver and the Tech Center down south to look for work.
That's good to know. Aurora was enticing since we have a dog and liked the idea of a house with yard, and the girly won't do an Apartment.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
more-to-colorado-than-just-marijuana.png

Reaction Score
huskiesNhoos said:
That's good to know. Aurora was enticing since we have a dog and liked the idea of a house with yard, and the girly won't do an Apartment.

In that case check out Stapleton and Lowry neighborhoods.

Reaction Score
We might have to spell it out for 27 year olds?

I made a if its a severed head comment to my upstairs roommate the other day and it went right over her head. I'm 30 and she's 26. The 31 yo on the second floor laughed his ass off. I think 30 may be the cutoff.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I lived in the Cheeseman Park neighborhood a little over 20 years ago (when I was right around the OP's age) and thought it was a nice place to live (I was a first year law school student at the time). There are some very nice, large houses near the park that are rented out as apartments (by the floor, or parts of floors) and there are plenty of yards. I lived in a "garden level" apartment, i.e., basement with windows, in one of those houses and it was pretty nice--and huge. I had the entire floor to myself, and use of the porch (which was awesome), yard etc.. Cheeseman Park itself is like doggie mecca. Loads of people bring their dogs there several times a day. Lots of frisbee, sunbathing, etc. There's a large supermarket, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, live music and pretty much everything you need within easy walking/biking distance.

Not sure if it still has the same character, but back then it was kind of artsy/bohemian, and it was definitely heavily populated by the gay community, too. I didn't know that part before moving in and it didn't bother me, but it's something you should know in case that matters.

Reaction Score
I'd check on the Lationo gang issues in the Denver berbs before you commit to one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom