Way-OT-but related: Chelsea soccer this morning | The Boneyard

Way-OT-but related: Chelsea soccer this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They played listlessly for 60 minutes against Hull City. No spring in their step. Just one scoring chance in 60 minutes. 0-0. Then the ref intervenes and gives them an undeserved free kick. They miss, but the ensuing corner and then a few plays lead to heady and patient goal.

For the next 30 minutes, you could see them running, hustling, overpowering Hull, you could see the juice and the energy in their legs, and the announcer mentions how remarkable it is when you see a huge change in a team after something really good happens for them.

It naturally leads me to thinking about how much of the UConn slump is just a down-in-the-dumps mentality.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just one scoring chance in 60 minutes. 0-0.
This naturally leads me to thinking about why I've never been able to make through an entire soccer game.

Reaction Score
This naturally leads me to thinking about why I've never been able to make through an entire soccer game.

One chance for Chelsea. Hull had a few more.

But, do you feel the same way about a 7-3 football game at halftime? I don't. I like defensive football.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Thankfully I only watched the 2nd half of the match. Hazard has had an amazing season and I can't imagine where Chelsea would be without him. That last goal at the end was vintage Torres. Reminded me of his Liverpool days. Unfortunately for him and Cheslea those brilliant moments have been few and far between the last few years.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
One chance for Chelsea. Hull had a few more.

But, do you feel the same way about a 7-3 football game at halftime? I don't. I like defensive football.
No. There is a difference (for me) between some scoring and no scoring. I like defensive football, too, and I like pitcher's duels in baseball as well. But there is something about the stoppage of play in football and baseball that allows me to appreciate the strategy in each. I'm just not knowledgeable enough about soccer to discern all the nuances to be appreciated in 60 minutes of mostly continuous, scoreless play. To me, it's more like watching a scoreless half of basketball, and I wouldn't like that very much, either.

For similar reasons, I've never been much of a hockey fan. But at least there is usually some scoring there.

Reaction Score
Didn't know there were other soccer fans on this board. City fan checking in.

The PL is setting us up for quite the finish if you ask me. Never seen it this competitive.

Reaction Score
Didn't know there were other soccer fans on this board. City fan checking in.

The PL is setting us up for quite the finish if you ask me. Never seen it this competitive.

The PL and the CL have both been very entertaining this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom