way OT: old canadians fighting | The Boneyard

way OT: old canadians fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Gotta say Skinny started it and finished it.
Skinny stuck the thing in Fatty's face, pissing him off.
Fatty escalates with a swing of the mic stand.
Skinny plants a straight right on Fatty's jaw, dropping him like a giant sack of spuds.
Skinny then makes smart ass comment to the crowd.

That's how it happened folks.

Reaction Score
Never heard of Joe Capp before this weekend. A little before my time but after this I'm a fan.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Never heard of Joe Capp before this weekend. A little before my time but after this I'm a fan.

Never heard of Joe Kapp???? He was an awesome college player at CAL, led the Vikings to the Superbowl and won a Grey Cup in Canada. He was the coach at CAL when I was in high school and I got to spend time socializing with him as my best friend was CAL's top recruit in 1987. By the way, he's not Canadian as the original poster indicated. He's from New Mexico. In addition to still having a good right hook, he apparently is still fertile as he had a son in his 50's wo is the starting fullback at CAL right now.

Reaction Score
Never heard of Joe Kapp???? He was an awesome college player at CAL, led the Vikings to the Superbowl and won a Grey Cup in Canada. He was the coach at CAL when I was in high school and I got to spend time socializing with him as my best friend was CAL's top recruit in 1987. By the way, he's not Canadian as the original poster indicated. He's from New Mexico. In addition to still having a good right hook, he apparently is still fertile as he had a son in his 50's wo is the starting fullback at CAL right now.

I was wrong.. correct.. wild video. KO with one punch

Reaction Score

Infamous for the jump pass! Threw 7 TD passes in a game I believe....tough guy in his day still trying too!!

Reaction Score
Gotta say Skinny started it and finished it.
Skinny stuck the thing in Fatty's face, pissing him off.
Fatty escalates with a swing of the mic stand.
Skinny plants a straight right on Fatty's jaw, dropping him like a giant sack of spuds.
Skinny then makes smart ass comment to the crowd.

That's how it happened folks.

I thought the thin guy was just having some fun to begin with.. then he went and tried to shake the fat guy's hand but the fat guy wasn't having any of it.. and it escalated from there

Reaction Score
All stemming from an on field incident that happened over 45 years ago. Now that's holding a grudge.

Reaction Score
I thought the thin guy was just having some fun to begin with.. then he went and tried to shake the fat guy's hand but the fat guy wasn't having any of it.. and it escalated from there
I gotta agree with Fatty on this one, up until he swung the mic stand.
Skinny stuck something in his face - that's an aggressive space violation and worthy of getting smacked/punched.
Swinging a metal mic stand, however, is a disproportionate response that would have amounted to an aggravated assault had it landed.
Skinny guy then chooses to reingage.

All in all, poor decision making from both guys, and if this ends up in court the judge should tell both of them to go pound sand.

Reaction Score
I think "Fatty" hit Kapp with his cane, which takes a little luster off the one punch KO.

Anyway, the guy who got knocked down is Angelo "King Kong" Mosca. I had no idea he had a long career in the CFL, but remembered him as a villain from the old Mid-Atlantic/NWA territory. After seeing this yesterday, I read up on him a bit. If his wiki page is accurate, Mosca was from the same town as my dad (Waltham, MA) and just a few years older. He played his college ball at ND, went to the CFL and then wrestling.

I wonder what the organizers were thinking putting the two of them on stage together. Someone had to know that Kapp hates Mosca and that Mosca didn't think too highly of him.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Anyone know what was the original 'on the field' incident?
(Man that was nice punch.)

Reaction Score
Joe Kapp was a very good player, I believe he was called "The toughest Chicano." They both looked like jackasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom