Watching UConn women’s basketball | The Boneyard

Watching UConn women’s basketball

Reaction Score
Once again, I’m back to trying to figure out how I can watch live UConn women’s basketball for another season. I have Frontier fiber internet and YouTube tv. For this season, I’m back to trying to get SNY network at a reasonable cost. Why can’t I just stream that network.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Once again, I’m back to trying to figure out how I can watch live UConn women’s basketball for another season. I have Frontier fiber internet and YouTube tv. For this season, I’m back to trying to get SNY network at a reasonable cost. Why can’t I just stream that network.
YouTube TV does not carry SNY because they have not come to an agreement and likely will not.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Do what I had to do last year. Switch to Hulu Live TV.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Last year I got SNY games through FoxSports. In order to sign in to Fox you have to have a login credential through your cable provider. But my login credential for YouTubeTV counted as a cable login.
@Old Geezer As has been stated in multiple tv related threads, the majority of the OOC games will most likely be on major networks, ie ESPN, ABC, Fox, FS1, or CBSSN.
For out of market fans, the SNY broadcasts will be streamed live on the Fox Sports App. The only requirement is that your YouTube TV subscription includes your local Fox station and FS1.
As far as I know, if you live outside of the SNY market, there's no way to subscribe to the SNY network because it's a Regional Sports Network. There was a time that DirecTV satellite offered SNY as part of a sports package, along with other RSNs. Not sure if this is still available as the RSN broadcast rights have changed a couple of times since I had DirecTV.
If any of this changes before November, check back because there's gonna probably be a boat load of threads discussing the topic between now and the first game.
As of right now, this will be SNY's last season of broadcasting UConn WBB games.
I have subscribed to both YouTube TV and Hulu Live (my current TV provider) and was able to stream the SNY games live using both.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Do what I had to do last year. Switch to Hulu Live TV.
OG: I do not see SNY listed on Hulu Live TV's channel options. Is there any site that actually lists SNY?
I had no luck last season trying to watch UConn WCB on SNY via Fox; it simply would not allow me to see what was being streamed (even tho I have YouTube Live TV). Now what?

Reaction Score
@Old Geezer As has been stated in multiple tv related threads, the majority of the OOC games will most likely be on major networks, ie ESPN, ABC, Fox, FS1, or CBSSN.
For out of market fans, the SNY broadcasts will be streamed live on the Fox Sports App. The only requirement is that your YouTube TV subscription includes your local Fox station and FS1.
As far as I know, if you live outside of the SNY market, there's no way to subscribe to the SNY network because it's a Regional Sports Network. There was a time that DirecTV satellite offered SNY as part of a sports package, along with other RSNs. Not sure if this is still available as the RSN broadcast rights have changed a couple of times since I had DirecTV.
If any of this changes before November, check back because there's gonna probably be a boat load of threads discussing the topic between now and the first game.
As of right now, this will be SNY's last season of broadcasting UConn WBB games.
I have subscribed to both YouTube TV and Hulu Live (my current TV provider) and was able to stream the SNY games live using both.
Does any site LIST SNY as on that site? The ones you mention do not.

Reaction Score
Ive got a ROKU TV and got the Hulu/Disney set up. I found most games on FOX Sports, FS1 or HULU.
SNY did me absolutely NO GOOD but I'm guessing its becuz I live in Ohio

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Does any site LIST SNY as on that site? The ones you mention do not.
Not sure what you are referring to. But SNY is only listed if the TV provider is in the SNY market (parts of NY, CT, PA and NJ, I believe) and they offer Regional Sports Networks. I believe in NY that could be YES and SNY (and possibly others). I am guessing because I am an out of market fan, living in NC.
So it's possible that if you live in the SNY market, your tv provider ie YouTube TV, Hulu Live, Spectrum cable, etc. would list SNY.
If you live outside of the SNY market, SNY is not available but you should be able to stream the SNY games live using the Fox Sports App. This app is completely independent from your Hulu Live app other than using your Hulu credentials to sign in to the Fox Sports App.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Ive got a ROKU TV and got the Hulu/Disney set up. I found most games on FOX Sports, FS1 or HULU.
SNY did me absolutely NO GOOD but I'm guessing its becuz I live in Ohio
If you live in Ohio and your tv provider is Hulu, then SNY is not available. You need to add the Fox Sports App (from the Roku Store) to your ROKU TV, sign in to the app using your Hulu credentials and the SNY broadcast will stream on the app.

Reaction Score
If you live in Ohio and your tv provider is Hulu, then SNY is not available. You need to add the Fox Sports App (from the Roku Store) to your ROKU TV, sign in to the app using your Hulu credentials and the SNY broadcast will stream on the app.
yeah, thats basically what I said LOL Thanks anyway.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
OG: I do not see SNY listed on Hulu Live TV's channel options. Is there any site that actually lists SNY?
I had no luck last season trying to watch UConn WCB on SNY via Fox; it simply would not allow me to see what was being streamed (even tho I have YouTube Live TV). Now what?
I think you may need to be in their region to have it included in your channel list. Here's my channel list for Hulu + Live TV in the New York metro area:

IMG_4175.jpeg

Reaction Score
You know, there's something wildly nutty about this SNY business. Here are a zillion UConn fans, their fists clutching gobs of dollars, looking for someone to grant them access to a wcb team. And no one will take the lucre. Are we no longer a capitalist economy?
If I said (stupidly) that I would pay a great deal to watch all of UConn's games, where is the entrepreneur I seek to separate me from my moolah? As with Charles Dickens: "More gruel, please, sir."
Even begging won't work.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
yeah, thats basically what I said LOL Thanks anyway.
Ok. Sorry, it seems like I misinterpreted this in your post "I found most games on FOX Sports, FS1 or HULU."

Centerstream

Reaction Score
You know, there's something wildly nutty about this SNY business. Here are a zillion UConn fans, their fists clutching gobs of dollars, looking for someone to grant them access to a wcb team. And no one will take the lucre. Are we no longer a capitalist economy?
If I said (stupidly) that I would pay a great deal to watch all of UConn's games, where is the entrepreneur I seek to separate me from my moolah? As with Charles Dickens: "More gruel, please, sir."
Even begging won't work.
But SNY has done exactly what you want. For most out of market fans, like me who lives in NC, they partnered with Fox to stream their broadcasts. And SNY basically did it for free, unless you count the cost for a device to stream content and the costs you pay a tv provider.
However, the 2025 - 2026 season is a completely new argument.

CL82

Reaction Score
Even begging won't work.
I think it's just the opposite, that woman's games are becoming increasingly more valuable, such that SNY got outbid for the rights to broadcast our games. Or, alternatively, the conference network partners decided not to outsource them to a third-party.

So I think that it's less that people don't want them and it's more that people are recognizing the inherent value in them. Hopefully they will make an equivalent investment that SNY did.

I wonder whether SNY would be willing to continue with its collateral products even though they won't have the game rights. For example, would they be willing to continue the Geno Show and other associated broadcasts? Would they be willing to do an after game wrap up show? Do the rights for these products continue to remain with the university making a deal with SNY a possibility?

Reaction Score
But SNY has done exactly what you want. For most out of market fans, like me who lives in NC, they partnered with Fox to stream their broadcasts. And SNY basically did it for free, unless you count the cost for a device to stream content and the costs you pay a tv provider.
However, the 2025 - 2026 season is a completely new argument.
After recent seasons of bitching and moaning, I must repeat that Fox will not acknowledge that I have a subscription with YouTube Live and allow me to watch the SNY games. I can see that the games are being telecast, but when I click on the game I am told that there's an "error." My screaming scares the neighbors, and there have been complaints.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
After recent seasons of bitching and moaning, I must repeat that Fox will not acknowledge that I have a subscription with YouTube Live and allow me to watch the SNY games. I can see that the games are being telecast, but when I click on the game I am told that there's an "error." My screaming scares the neighbors, and there have been complaints.
I am sorry that you have an issue with being able to stream the SNY broadcasts on the Fox Sports App with YouTubeTV as your tv provider.
Prior to switching to Hulu Live, my tv provider was YouTubeTV and I was always able to stream the SNY broadcasts. I only switched because one season (I believe during the WBB postseason) YouTubeTV and ABC/ESPN were unable to agree on a new contract and the channels were dropped. I immediately canceled my YouTubeTV subscription and subscribed to Hulu Live. I didn't miss viewing any games live.
Once the YouTubeTV ESPN dispute was settled, my wife decided that Hulu Live was a better tv provider. I disagreed. We still have Hulu Live with Disney+ and ESPN+.
I have heard that getting customer support for streaming app issues can be a nightmare so I feel bad for you. I'm pretty sure that you have tried to fix the problem by deleting, then adding back the Fox Sports App because that's what I have done in the past, usually once or twice a season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was pretty happy with Hulu live last season! There were a few games that were not available but I saw most of them! You still have to do the Fox Sports App but that’s no problem.

Reaction Score
I had cut the cable a few years back, but was able to access the games thru the Fox Sports App by getting a Sling TV subscription.

CL82

Reaction Score
Have you called them?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom