watching UConn vs St. Johns | The Boneyard

watching UConn vs St. Johns

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Stokes got the start... Dolson was out sick with a upset tummy.

love the way the Red Storm compete

BHart looked comfy

Jefferson was knocking down 3's... Tuck banked in a 3, and speaking of bank... this is the game Banks goes down smh

Bob P and LaChina called the game

Reaction Score
Stokes got the start... Dolson was out sick with a upset tummy.

love the way the Red Storm compete

BHart looked comfy

Jefferson was knocking down 3's... Tuck banked in a 3, and speaking of bank... this is the game Banks goes down smh

Bob P and LaChina called the game

where did you see it?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
on my DVR... I randomly pick a game when nothing good is on the tube

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I watched ND vs UConn Semi Final Game again last night on YouTube and I was somewhat surprised at how close the game really was. I don't recall the game being close when I watched it live. There were many times in the game that if ND had scored a couple of baskets when UConn carelessly turn the ball over on possessions the outcome could have been different. Team really disrupted ND's offense, but ND sure missed shots that they normally made. That was a hard fought 18 point victory that was harder then the final score indicated.

I paid more attention to Moriah's play and came away more impressed then I was when watching it live. Even though she didn't score she ran the offense well and played great defense. After watching the game again, I don't see how she is not the starting PG to start the season. Morgan Tuck deserves to start as well, but I don't see how that happens. She was much more valuable then her 4 points would indicate.

I'll watch the Louisville vs UConn game this weekend and I think I'll come to the same conclusion as I did when I watched the game live. Louisville didn't have a chance to win the game.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
ND closed [I think] to within 6 with about 7 minutes to go. I was a tad concerned to say the least.

Reaction Score
I watched ND vs UConn Semi Final Game again last night on YouTube and I was somewhat surprised at how close the game really was. I don't recall the game being close when I watched it live. There were many times in the game that if ND had scored a couple of baskets when UConn carelessly turn the ball over on possessions the outcome could have been different. Team really disrupted ND's offense, but ND sure missed shots that they normally made. That was a hard fought 18 point victory that was harder then the final score indicated.

I paid more attention to Moriah's play and came away more impressed then I was when watching it live. Even though she didn't score she ran the offense well and played great defense. After watching the game again, I don't see how she is not the starting PG to start the season. Morgan Tuck deserves to start as well, but I don't see how that happens. She was much more valuable then her 4 points would indicate.

I'll watch the Louisville vs UConn game this weekend and I think I'll come to the same conclusion as I did when I watched the game live. Louisville didn't have a chance to win the game.

If Stef had been healthy the game never would have been close. Moves that she couldn't make, shots that she wouldn't have missed, and lob passes she just couldn't reach. Also, UConn helped out a lot at times. Easy shots missed and some absolutely horrendous passes. Hope we see ND again this year - in the Finals!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
The commentators noted that during the game. UConn had some sloppy play, but it didn't matter because ND didn't capitalize on offense and make them pay for it. If you watch ND's body language throughout you can tell they were pretty defeated from about midway through the first half, when they realized that Stewart wasn't going away and that McBride couldn't score at will. The run at the end of the first half to go up 10 really blew the game open, even with ND's mini-run in the second half.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
thanks but I refuse to watch a game on a computer screen

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
It's on Youtube.

LINK

Don't worry, it's not in Spanish (the commentary)
but I may watch the Baylor/LV came since I missed it live, didnt record it nor have it on DVD

Reaction Score
thanks but I refuse to watch a game on a computer screen

I have a blu ray dvd player that gets YouTube, NefFlix and Pandora. I watched the UConn - ND semi-final game just a bit ago. Quality wasn't great, but it was good enough. Still a very satisfying win, even if the picture was not crystal clear.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I have all the UConn games on my DVR... I'll delete them once the season start. I have a lot on DVD but its a pain sometimes to load them in when I could just hit the DVR button.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I have a blu ray dvd player that gets YouTube, NefFlix and Pandora. I watched the UConn - ND semi-final game just a bit ago. Quality wasn't great, but it was good enough. Still a very satisfying win, even if the picture was not crystal clear.
great idea tho, I may check out doing it that way on my tv

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Uconn-ND IV was not in the remote vicinity of a close game. ND hung tight in the first half until UConn unleashed the full force of its basketball team for the first time all season. ND had a meaningless run in the second half that uconn promptly squashed before proving conclusively that ND was an overrated pile of useless. Which they were, btw. Uconn should have been 15+ points better than ND all season. Stuff happens.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Alex, I never felt threatened during that ND run. UCONN always felt in control and nonplussed.

Reaction Score
Guys, what was the turning point in that game?
IMO it was in the first with about 3 minutes to go when Bria made a three pointer followed by a 2 pointer. Stef & Co. celebrated with her and the lead suddenly became 10. The announcer said: "Has UCONN finally figured out how to knock off ND?" That's when I knew the NC was ours.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Guys, what was the turning point in that game?
IMO it was in the first with about 3 minutes to go when Bria made a three pointer followed by a 2 pointer. Stef & Co. celebrated with her and the lead suddenly became 10. The announcer said: "Has UCONN finally figured out how to knock off ND?" That's when I knew the NC was ours.

I also thought so too Sonny…and remember the second, the pull-up from around the foul line was after the Kelly block off Sky, Bria picked it up, rounded the base-line and drove the length to make her shot. A stunning dominant moment all the way around.

[quote Uconn-ND IV was not in the remote vicinity of a close game. ND hung tight in the first half until UConn unleashed the full force of its basketball team for the first time all season. ND had a meaningless run in the second half that uconn promptly squashed before proving conclusively that ND was an overrated pile of useless. Which they were, btw. Uconn should have been 15+ points better than ND all season. Stuff happens.[/quote]

Alex, your point about Notre Dame's apparent weakness is the basis for my extended discussion with Doggy and others as to the reason for the main season's woes. My working theory which I articulated throughout is that somehow, Geno did not mesh with the Freshmen, nor give them enough responsibility early.

IMHO what was required was a dose of encouragement and a bit more time in key moments. But this is a working theory which is unsupportable; only people who were there really know although Geno did make some sounds as to his lack of affinity with this group.

For me a striking example was when Morgan almost single-handedly won the overtime Notre Dame game and was not rewarded with more responsibility (but her physical condition may also have been a cause for her lack of more court time).

Somehow the team had these non-gelled elements and when Stewie lost confidence (seemingly takes a lot to do that), the team was playing with one hand tied behind its back. At the same time: Caroline was a walking wounded, Bria was extraordinarily slow to round in to form and Banks had her unfortunate injury.

I just don't believe in blaming the kids for any of this, It's all on the coaching. And yeah, they won and demolished all along the way, but that dominance should have been turned out earlier.

But if one thinks about it, the return to form by Bria was exceedingly important and Stewie's finding her true level was the clincher.

This is one of these occasions that Ice and I have discussed over the years that it would have been informative to have been a fly on the wall.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
watching Baylor vs Louisville on my "smart" tv via YouTube... thanks for putting me on to this ;)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
the Baylor/Louisville game is more clear than the UConn/ND game

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
and dont forget Louisville beat the Lady Vols and Cal after beating Baylor... tough road!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I have all the UConn games on my DVR... I'll delete them once the season start. I have a lot on DVD but its a pain sometimes to load them in when I could just hit the DVR button.

How can you fit 39 games on your DVR? I can only fit 6 or 7.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
and you must record them in HD... which take up more drive. Watch live in HD and record in LD

and some of the weaker teams you dont even save the record cause most of the time its over by half time. but of course EACH brings something different.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
and you must record them in HD... which take up more drive. Watch live in HD and record in LD

and some of the weaker teams you dont even save the record cause most of the time its over by half time. but of course EACH brings something different.
Yeah, I figured it was not in HD.

Thanks.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Rights now on my DVR the last four games of the tournament are still on it in HD. They take up about 11 hours or 9-10% of capacity. The new generation recorders can even be larger and have the possibility of add on hard drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom