Watching Selection Sunday 2018 | The Boneyard

Watching Selection Sunday 2018

Reaction Score
As I look at new coaches at St John, Providence, Rutgers, Seton Hall and Texas who all started around the same time or after Ollie. I've seen then beat us out on recruiting much to do with confrence, our style of play, and how we performed against less talented teams.

But I also currently see and remember teams in smaller conferences consistently do well winning games and recruiting well such as Gonzaga, Wichita State b4 AAC, Memphis b4 AAC, the schools in the new Big East Butler and Creighton, etc....

What is our real problem? I settle to say coaching just not right fit. We are a Jalen adams buzzer beater from missing out on NCAA 3 years in a row. We can not even finish in top 3 of our confrence. We also have double digit losses each of the last 5 years. Hummmm. Hate this thread or love it. These are facts! 2018 needs to see best year under Ollie (non JC players) to determine fate!

Talk to you all in March during Selection Sunday

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
As I look at new coaches at St John, Providence, Rutgers, Seton Hall and Texas who all started around the same time or after Ollie. I've seen then beat us out on recruiting much to do with confrence, our style of play, and how we performed against less talented teams.

But I also currently see and remember teams in smaller conferences consistently do well winning games and recruiting well such as Gonzaga, Wichita State b4 AAC, Memphis b4 AAC, the schools in the new Big East Butler and Creighton, etc....

What is our real problem? I settle to say coaching just not right fit. We are a Jalen adams buzzer beater from missing out on NCAA 3 years in a row. We can not even finish in top 3 of our confrence. We also have double digit losses each of the last 5 years. Hummmm. Hate this thread or love it. These are facts! 2018 needs to see best year under Ollie (non JC players) to determine fate!

Talk to you all in March during Selection Sunday

I really am sick and tired of seeing people continually trotting out the false narrative that Jalen Adam's shot was the ONLY reason we made the NCAA tournament in 2015. There are plenty of other things to complain about instead of making stuff up that's totally false. Tulsa made the field that season with a weaker resume than ours, which meant we weren't even on the bubble when Jalen hit his miracle shot, win or lose.

Reaction Score
We were def in whether he makes the shot or not. Ironically if he missed it prob would have turned out better because we would have been most likely 10 seed and avoided Kansas in rd 2.

Reaction Score
I really am sick and tired of seeing people continually trotting out the false narrative that Jalen Adam's shot was the ONLY reason we made the NCAA tournament in 2015. There are plenty of other things to complain about instead of making stuff up that's totally false. Tulsa made the field that season with a weaker resume than ours, which meant we weren't even on the bubble when Jalen hit his miracle shot, win or lose.

The fact remains that UConn has won one tourney game in 3 years. UConn also consistently finishes about 5th in the AAC, has numerous wtf losses and the offense is not good at all.

Whether Jalen's shot got us in the tournament isnt really relevant. The collective body of work over the past 3 plus seasons is mediocre at best. Those expecting significant improvement under the same head coach are dreaming. It is what it is.

Reaction Score

But he said "These are facts!" so it must have been true.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom