Watching Louisville vs Arizona | The Boneyard

Watching Louisville vs Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm watching Louisville and Arizona, and I got to tell you it's difficult to watch on that court. I've never seen a basketball court that has had that much sheen to it, maybe it's a combination of lighting and wax, I don't know but not good.

Reaction Score
Excellent game! Can UConn keep Louisville's Hailey out of the paint? What about AZ's athleticism? Same as last year?

Reaction Score
54-52 AZ leads, :48 seconds left, ball on their end, ball goes out of bounds, totally ball goes off both players, awarded to AZ.
What is wrong with the jump ball? Why did we lose that? I was asleep at the wheel.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I'm watching Louisville and Arizona, and I got to tell you it's difficult to watch on that court. I've never seen a basketball court that has had that much sheen to it, maybe it's a combination of lighting and wax, I don't know but not good.
I couldn't watch at all because it was giving me a headache.

Reaction Score
Great game and good ending as far as I'm concerned. Hailey Van Lith had a bunch of misses at the basket in the last minutes of regulation and a few more in OT.
I was looking for Maya Nnaji for Arizona. Maya was Paige's old running mate in high school and a high profile get by the Wildcats. Never caught a glimpse. Maybe injured?

Reaction Score
Fast speed, very physical, Arizona good win. UConn will beat both team.

Reaction Score
It appears keeping her off the FT line is the real trick. 11-12 from the charity stripe, only 4-12 from the floor.
100%
She got in the lane and scored 3 or 4 hoops down the stretch. She's strong.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
I think both teams are finding that life is a lot more difficult minus a player (Evans, McDonald) who draws most of the attention from opposing teams. And both have, imo, a long way to go before overcoming that challenge.
But both programs have decent talent on their rosters, so they aren't rebuilding from nothing. They definitely need a few more weeks for things to gel, but I think it will be more of a reload than rebuild for both programs.

Reaction Score
But both programs have decent talent on their rosters, so they aren't rebuilding from nothing. They definitely need a few more weeks for things to gel, but I think it will be more of a reload than rebuild for both programs.
Each squad, minus a star player.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
100%
She got in the lane and scored 3 or 4 hoops down the stretch. She's strong.
Yeah she made 3 straight buckets fairly late in regulation, but then went cold again after that.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Excellent game! Can UConn keep Louisville's Hailey out of the paint? What about AZ's athleticism? Same as last year?
Surely you jest. Excellent game?:confused:

Reaction Score
Great game and good ending as far as I'm concerned. Hailey Van Lith had a bunch of misses at the basket in the last minutes of regulation and a few more in OT.
I was looking for Maya Nnaji for Arizona. Maya was Paige's old running mate in high school and a high profile get by the Wildcats. Never caught a glimpse. Maybe injured?
Maya Nnaji is class of 2022. She just signed her LOI this week.

Reaction Score
If UCONN beats Louisville in December Louisville should drop off
a second seed selection in the NCAA? Or is this a "good" loss due to O.T.??

Reaction Score
Surely you jest. Excellent game?:confused:
What didn't you like?
Put some meat on that bone.
Besides the refs ruining the finish with review after review. I long for the good old days of no reviews and jump balls.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Next Year. Class of 2022.

Reaction Score
Arizona missed shots so many within five feet of the basket. Had they made even a couple it wouldn’t (and shouldn’t) have gone to OT.

Neither team looked sharp. Early yet so both should improve as the season progresses. Not a great scoring night for AZ’s starting guards. Shot several bricks going 7 for 30 (6 for 22 from 2pt range and 1 for 8 on 3 pt attempts). Surprised Sam Thomas didn’t score a point in 23 minutes, eventually fouling out. She‘s an all-conference/all-defensive team wing so I believe it was an aberration. Oregon transfer guard Taylor Chavez went 0 for4 as well. Tough to replace Aari McDonald - Pellington and Yeany certainly didn’t come close tonight. Similarly Louisville missed Dana Evans.

Forwards Reese, Ware and Copeland carried the Wildcats tonight. I believe Louisville caught and passed them in the 4th Qtr when Ware and Reese were off the court. Wondered why Barnes didn’t sub Ware back in as the Cards made their run.

Still a great win for Arizona. Should jump in the rankings next week. Don’t know what it means for Louisville. Overrated? Perhaps but we’ll know more as we head into February and March.

Reaction Score
Enjoyed the even matchup. Way more fun than the many early season mismatches. Congratulate Walz and Barnes for scheduling this one.
I had to laugh watching it because that’s the way AZ wins their games. Tough D, chaos, a few key makes, game over.
Rank both teams in the 10-15 range IMO and see how it goes from here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Arizona will win a lot of games this season on their defense alone. If AZ improves on offense over the course of the season, nobody will want to be in UA's bracket come tournament time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom