Watching games | The Boneyard

Watching games

temery

What?
Reaction Score
What's the cheapest way to watch the games with involving Charter Spectrum?

I have ESPN+ as part of my Disney+ Bundle.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Find best internet only package.
Then best Fire Cube or best Fire stick to stream >2G channels.
Cut the cable cord!

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
The men’s games are on Fox channels so ESPN+ wouldn’t have them.

Looks like cheapest streaming service would be Sling Blue at $40 per month.

Unfortunately, Fox doesn’t have their own streaming service like Peacock (NBC), ESPN+ (ABC) or Paramount+ (CBS) that would give you cheaper access to just Fox Sports content…

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
FWIW we cut the cord when we moved into our new house in August. Using YouTube TV now and it’s great. It’s a little more expensive than Sling Blue at $75ish per month for the package that would have FS1.

I was a long time Xfinity customer, paid for basically their highest TV package (sports, movies, etc.) and had a lot of stuff saved on my account that I had purchased - mostly movies and a few TV series.

I was told our development would have Xfinity but when we moved in Xfinity said they weren’t going to run their service here until it is completed (later this year). They charged me a cancellation fee on my contract I had just re-upped this past summer, even though the reason I had to cancel was because they didn’t want to run their lines out to our community yet. I was pissed. F them.

Never going back, I love YouTube TV. It’s far superior and it gives me the ability to stream all my TV anywhere, which Xfinity did not (FOX required your in home Wi-Fi to stream games).

P.S. I’m waiting for the day the Xfinity rep comes knocking on my door about installing their service so I can slam it in their face.

Reaction Score
I liked YouTube Tv until they cut NESN. I now have FUBO which is good. If you are willing to pay quarterly they throw in NBA, NFL and MLB channels for a small regional fee.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I do like YT tv overall even if it's not cheap - one great thing is I only pay for it during BB season and then shut it off. When I reactivated it this year all my saved shows, recording settings, etc were still there.

There are even 4k broadcasts now! Well ok, so far just one... but it's something. Hoping that the BET and NC will be broadcast in high rez, I finally got the wife to approve a new TV and I want to enjoy it.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
When it becomes available in your area take advantage of the Frontier fiber deals - I locked in for 3 years of 1gig service for $60/mo which is $15 cheaper than Spectrum was for us for quadrupole the speeds (and like 20x the upload speeds). I think the 500/500 would have been $40/mo?

We also use Hulu+Live TV which gets us ESPN+ and Disney+ but the streaming services are getting pricey.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Contact Spectrum and ask for the Affordable Connectivity Program. My bill for TV and internet dropped $60 month. I had to choose some channels. You have to select around 15 channels to go with the package. I selected ESPN2, FS1, FS2, MLB, NFL, Strikezone, NFL Redzone, SEC, ACC. In the main package I got every other sports channel that I wanted except SNY which they don't offer in SC. The $5 sports pack is an add on.

The bad part is that I didn't have enough picks to select TLC, Lifetime, etc. :confused:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What's the cheapest way to watch the games with involving Charter Spectrum?

I have ESPN+ as part of my Disney+ Bundle.
Probably buying tickets and going to them.

Nothing is cheap anymore, but if you already have Disney+/ESPN+ then switching to Hulu Live might be the right choice. That's what I have. Still missing NESN unfortunately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom