OT: Watching ESPN3 through a VPN | The Boneyard

OT: Watching ESPN3 through a VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If I don't get ESPN3, does anyone know if I can connect via a VPN to someone's computer who does have access and watch games through my internet connection? Will ESPN3 recognize that my IP address doesn't have access or will it go solely off the IP address of the network owner?

Reaction Score
If I don't get ESPN3, does anyone know if I can connect via a VPN to someone's computer who does have access and watch games through my internet connection? Will ESPN3 recognize that my IP address doesn't have access or will it go solely off the IP address of the network owner?

Is 11/11/11 one of those days when the world is supposed to end?

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
To answer the question from the OP, yes you can connect via a VPN and watch ESPN3. I used to do this back when I had Comcast as a provider and my work's provider was AT&T. I would VPN into the office and then have access to ESPN3 (then called ESPN360).

For some reason, and I'm sure its linked to money in some way, ESPN doesn't put games on ESPNU on ESPN3.

Reaction Score
For some reason, and I'm sure its linked to money in some way, ESPN doesn't put games on ESPNU on ESPN3.
It's not listed amongst the espn3 college basketball games scheduled for tomorrow. I'm going to have to find a stream.

Reaction Score
To answer the question from the OP, yes you can connect via a VPN and watch ESPN3. I used to do this back when I had Comcast as a provider and my work's provider was AT&T. I would VPN into the office and then have access to ESPN3 (then called ESPN360).

Thank you. None of the other replies made any kind of attempt to answer the question. A+ for reading comprehension.

I'm debating whether to try and set up a VPN with a friend at home or just get a VPN service (this might be a good option for the poster looking to watch games from Vietnam). If anyone has any experience using a VPN service and can recommend one, I'm all ears.

Reaction Score
sometimes games that are only available live on espnu and not espn3 will later be archived on espn3 so check espn3 an hour or so after the telecast. thats my plan at least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom