Watching BC......

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
17-13 hoops probably NIT
7-6 football mid-level bowl loss

AND THEY DECLARED 2017-2018 THE GREATEST YEAR IN THE HISTORY OF BC SPORTS

Reaction Score
A lot of us (including myself) have been hammering Ollie for likely missing the NCAA Tournament 3 of the last 4 years.

Take a look a Syracuse: they are likely going to miss the NCAA Tournament 3 of the last 4 years, as well, and the 1 year they should not have made it (IIRC they had the lowest RPI to ever make the tourney though they did make it to the Final Four). And this with their "HOF" coach.

Reaction Score
A lot of us (including myself) have been hammering Ollie for likely missing the NCAA Tournament 3 of the last 4 years.

Take a look a Syracuse: they are likely going to miss the NCAA Tournament 3 of the last 4 years, as well, and the 1 year they should not have made it (IIRC they had the lowest RPI to ever make the tourney though they did make it to the Final Four). And this with their "HOF" coach.
And our coach has just as many rings.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
5500 in attendance at Conte for Syracuse. Wow

Reaction Score
Shooters. They have some shooters and scorers that can get you 20-30 on a given night that’s so important.

Nice team, good coach.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Blame it on the the conference.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Yeah they had no right being in that tourney. Was it the same year as boehiem missing games and the NCAA said they won’t look at those as much?

Reaction Score
Yeah they had no right being in that tourney. Was it the same year as boehiem missing games and the NCAA said they won’t look at those as much?

Indeed it was the season that was he SUSPENDED as in punished by missing the first 8-9 games of ACC play and yet was REWARDED ultimately by given a break to make the tourney. You cannot make this stuff up.

Reaction Score

Great post. I hadn’t thought about how Syracuse was a mirror of what UCONN has been going through albeit not quite as bad.

They might even be worse off soon with Boeheim retiring and info trickling out from the feds....

Reaction Score
Indeed it was the season that was he SUSPENDED as in punished by missing the first 8-9 games of ACC play and yet was REWARDED ultimately by given a break to make the tourney. You cannot make this stuff up.

We could have kept them out if the tourney by beating them in Atlantis that season.

Reaction Score
We could have kept them out if the tourney by beating them in Atlantis that season.

I forgot about that. A game they were never in while simultaneously keeping it close. I think they only lost by 4-6 points but played some 2017-18 level defense all 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
Great post. I hadn’t thought about how Syracuse was a mirror of what UCONN has been going through albeit not quite as bad.

They might even be worse off soon with Boeheim retiring and info trickling out from the feds....

Boeheim has committed to 4 more years as he wants to coach Buddy. If they don't lose Battle to the draft they have a pretty talented team for next year. The 5-star Bazley, another guard in Carey along with Buddy. Battle has a tough decision. Another year in the zone defense which does him no good from an NBA scout perspective. I like Battle more that Malachi Richardson as an NBA player, but Richardson had the benefit of the NCAA tourney run to bump up his draft stock.

Reaction Score
Boeheim has committed to 4 more years as he wants to coach Buddy. If they don't lose Battle to the draft they have a pretty talented team for next year. The 5-star Bazley, another guard in Carey along with Buddy. Battle has a tough decision. Another year in the zone defense which does him no good from an NBA scout perspective. I like Battle more that Malachi Richardson as an NBA player, but Richardson had the benefit of the NCAA tourney run to bump up his draft stock.
Have to think Battle is gone. The tough decision lies with Brissett. Hopefully they're both gone.

Reaction Score
Granted I haven't been tracking bubble teams very closely given UConn's situation, but it must be an incredibly weak "bubble" if Syracuse can realistically be even mentioned as "first 4 out" at this point. Their biggest wins are Miami and Louisville with losses to BC, Ga. Tech, Wake. The are 7-10 in the ACC with the rest of their wins being against the 0-18 Pitt (2), Wake, BC, and Va Tech at home. I thought the BC loss by 15 would put them in certain NIT, but if the upset Clemson and don't bow out too early in the ACC tourney I guess they still have a shot.

Reaction Score
Granted I haven't been tracking bubble teams very closely given UConn's situation, but it must be an incredibly weak "bubble" if Syracuse can realistically be even mentioned as "first 4 out" at this point. Their biggest wins are Miami and Louisville with losses to BC, Ga. Tech, Wake. The are 7-10 in the ACC with the rest of their wins being against the 0-18 Pitt (2), Wake, BC, and Va Tech at home. I thought the BC loss by 15 would put them in certain NIT, but if the upset Clemson and don't bow out too early in the ACC tourney I guess they still have a shot.
And that my friends is probably why people continue to argue "But, it is the conference" and I can see it in this case. You can have a subpar season, awful conference performance (7-10, come on) and still be on the bubble. Like, firmly on the bubble. Go 7-11 or 8-10 in the ACC and you STILL have a shot! .500 conference record should be a requisite IMO (yes, I know the 9-9 Huskies of past would be 1 loss away from not makig it).

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
And that my friends is probably why people continue to argue "But, it is the conference" and I can see it in this case. You can have a subpar season, awful conference performance (7-10, come on) and still be on the bubble. Like, firmly on the bubble. Go 7-11 or 8-10 in the ACC and you STILL have a shot! .500 conference record should be a requisite IMO (yes, I know the 9-9 Huskies of past would be 1 loss away from not makig it).

Hopefull Clemson cleans their clock this weekend and finishes this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom