Watching Away games in Fairfield County | The Boneyard

Watching Away games in Fairfield County

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope the portions are a big as the ones Fred Flintstone gets at the drive thru!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The food there is awesome and FDNY would be there with me this Saturday if he didn't have a higher calling (few things in my eyes take priority over a game but what he will be doing absolutely qualifies).

Anyone in lower Fairfield county with interest (the food will not disappoint) add your name to the roll on this thread. We can take over the bar Saturday afternoon.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Bump - Curious if there is any interest...

Reaction Score
If anyone is looking for a place to gather and watch the away games in Fairfield County..Dinosaur BBQ in Stamford will have the games on.

Thanks for the offer but the Man caves recliner's and proximity to the fridge and water closet trump a restaurant. I also get to play my Ryder cup match on Saturday morn, tape the game, skip commercials, instant replay,etc. Biggest challenge will be remaining clueless about the games outcome until 4:00 when the guys are coming over.

Talk about fun. I get to win my Ryder Cup match and watch my emerging Huskies upset a top 25 SEC team on the same day with other UCONN diehards! It just dosn't get much better than that!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hope you get a great turnout!
Thanks Carl...I look at it like this...even if we get 4-5 people (@FfldCntyFan correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's what we had that time for the Pitt game at Bobby V's) it's a start. It's a good atmosphere if people want to bring their kids to watch a game too, so hopefully we start small and it builds. It will parlay into hoops season too, which should help. I have no stake in this, was just able to get the game put on the tv's. I'm deferring to @FfldCntyFan for suggesting the location which was a GREAT choice given the excellent food, beer selection, and more importantly ample parking and how easy it is to get there from 95.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If I was a single dude, I'd swing by. I'll probably have to watch this game on DVR or in glimpses while doing chores around the house.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Thanks Carl...I look at it like this...even if we get 4-5 people (@FfldCntyFan correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's what we had that time for the Pitt game at Bobby V's) it's a start. It's a good atmosphere if people want to bring their kids to watch a game too, so hopefully we start small and it builds. It will parlay into hoops season too, which should help. I have no stake in this, was just able to get the game put on the tv's. I'm deferring to @FfldCntyFan for suggesting the location which was a GREAT choice given the excellent food, beer selection, and more importantly ample parking and how easy it is to get there from 95.
FD, it was the Cincy game where Johnny Mac was stripped of the ball in the end zone for a bearcat TD.

While Bobby V's is a great place to watch sporting events, the food at Dinosaur is infinitely better. There also is a large selection of craft beers (for those into such things).

If a few state they will attend, I will go there as well tomorrow. If not, the day will be devoted to yard work before and after with a break to watch the game on the big screen in my family room.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I'd love to join you, but the sell will be hard on the wife....we have to go to a baby shower (yeah, for real....a Jack and Jill shower) in Larchmont NY and I already threw out the idea of Bobby V's for an hour before we go, and then we'd be fashionably late.
She almost hit me. My brother lives in L.A. and I suppose I HAVE to attend this thing....I already demanded an outside TV with ESPN (although I always have my WatchESPN app if that fails) and I'm sure to get myself in trouble by screaming obscenities whether we're pulling off a miracle or getting slaughtered.
Have a blast at Dinosaur...have heard good things and it will beat last year's misery at Bobby V's for the Temple game (we went there for lunch and the game and they would only put the game on a 19" TV with no sound, as there was a big P5 matchup on.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom