WatchESPN Question | The Boneyard

WatchESPN Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Out of state fan here so I'm unable to make the game...

Does anyone know the best way to stream the game from WatchESPN to my TV? I have Chromecast but it appears the only compatibility between WatchESPN and Chromecast is via the phone app and I'd rather not stream the whole game from my phone (but rather from my computer). Thanks!

Reaction Score
Google espn3 or WatchESPN from your laptop. You should be able to find the game there. Then just play it and click on the chromecast icon.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
I think it depends on whether or not your cable/TV provider (Verizon, Comcast, Direct TV, etc) has an agreement with ESPN3. Then you can stream it from your wifi network to your TV. Otherwise it may have to be on your phone.

Reaction Score
Google espn3 or WatchESPN from your laptop. You should be able to find the game there. Then just play it and click on the chromecast icon.

Since you have chromecast my assumption is you already have this, so bare with me if I'm giving you knowledge you already have, but to piggy back on ucinnc's post, using google chrome as your browser on your laptop, make sure you have the 'google cast' extension available in chrome - that way you'll have the nice little icon in the upper right to broadcast right from your chrome browser to the TV.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/google cast?hl=en&gl=US

Under extensions, click google cast, and then add to google chrome.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
What state are you in?

I believe If you're in the northeast the game won't be on espn3 if you're cable company carries SNY.

Reaction Score
Since you have chromecast my assumption is you already have this, so bare with me if I'm giving you knowledge you already have, but to piggy back on ucinnc's post, using google chrome as your browser on your laptop, make sure you have the 'google cast' extension available in chrome - that way you'll have the nice little icon in the upper right to broadcast right from your chrome browser to the TV.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/google cast?hl=en&gl=US

Under extensions, click google cast, and then add to google chrome.

Unfortunately when I use the browser extension, the game is super laggy. It's strange that the phone app has a Chromecast button but the online web player doesn't.

Reaction Score
Out of state fan here so I'm unable to make the game...

Does anyone know the best way to stream the game from WatchESPN to my TV? I have Chromecast but it appears the only compatibility between WatchESPN and Chromecast is via the phone app and I'd rather not stream the whole game from my phone (but rather from my computer). Thanks!

Might be too late for tonight, but very helpful for future games.

I stream the games from my ipad to my tv using apple tv. It works really well and I generally get a hd picture with a few hiccoughs every now and again. I highly recommend making the apple tv purchase.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure your aversion to streaming it through your phone and then casting to chromecast. Its the easiest and best quality way to do it, in my opinion.

I will be rocking xbox1 through the ESPN app.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm in DC. I don't think we get SNY down here.

Got it. You should be good then.

If you have a laptop with HDMI out and a HD TV, just go to watch ESPN and hook the TV up to the laptop.

As long as your Internet doesn't suck, you'll get HD picture. Even if it is bad (like Time Warner in NYC bad) it still works well.

Reaction Score
Gringo said:
Might be too late for tonight, but very helpful for future games.

I stream the games from my ipad to my tv using apple tv. It works really well and I generally get a hd picture with a few hiccoughs every now and again. I highly recommend making the apple tv purchase.

It might be worth it to wait a week on an Apple tv, they have an event on the 9th and a new Apple tv is rumored, but take that with a grain of salt cause I swear one has been rumored the last few events

Reaction Score
Thanks for the tips. I wrote to ESPN this is their response " We apologize for the confusion. At this time our WatchESPN service through a computer browser is not yet compatible with Chromecast. Our WatchESPN development team is working to make this an option. We currently do not have a set date for the service to be available."

In the meantime I'll stream through my phone. I've received some positive reinforcement that it'll work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom