WatchESPN in Mexico? | The Boneyard

WatchESPN in Mexico?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No, nada. I think it works in the U.S. only. If anyone has suggestions, please pass them along.

Fortunately, the Westin has ESPN for today's game and ESPN2 for the N.D. game. Those hopefully will work.

I believe that I was able to get WNBA League Pass fine from Paris in September.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
All you need is a US VPN /proxy server like Winscribe which is free to be able to watch ESPN outside of the USA... via your computer or Smart TV..

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
All you need is a US VPN /proxy server like Winscribe which is free to be able to watch ESPN outside of the USA... via your computer or Smart TV..
Thanks! How do I get Winscribe?

Reaction Score
If you are in Mexico for vocation, and your US cable company provides ESPN, you can log in any where in the world to watch ESPN online.

If you live in Mexico and your cable company does not provide ESPN, you will have to search free ESPN webs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If you are in Mexico for vocation, and your US cable company provides ESPN, you can log in any where in the world to watch ESPN online.

If you live in Mexico and your cable company does not provide ESPN, you will have to search free ESPN webs.
WatchESPN dumps me into a Mexican screen. There doesn't seem to be any way to ESPN3 (or anything else). I'll look harder.

Bajan Best

Reaction Score

Even if your cable company provides ESPN, if you are vacationing in a country this is not allowed to watch US programming you will not be able to watch without a VPN..

Bajan Best

Reaction Score
WatchESPN dumps me into a Mexican screen. There doesn't seem to be any way to ESPN3 (or anything else). I'll look harder.

I'm currently in Barbados, which is not allowed to watch US Programming..
All I do to watch games on ESPN is 1st to browse directly to www.espn3.com,
then login to my Cable provider when prompted from that site,
then I have to turn on my VPN which makes my computer register an IP address local to the USA, if I don't do that last step, I will get a message saying this content is not available outside the USA

That is pretty much it.... Should work for anyone traveling outside the US

Reaction Score
I'm currently in Barbados, which is not allowed to watch US Programming..
All I do to watch games on ESPN is 1st to browse directly to www.espn3.com,
then login to my Cable provider when prompted from that site,
then I have to turn on my VPN which makes my computer register an IP address local to the USA, if I don't do that last step, I will get a message saying this content is not available outside the USA

That is pretty much it.... Should work for anyone traveling outside the US
I watch UConn-Baylor game 2 weeks ago in China.
Could be:
China has ESPN in all cable providers, or
My PC is made in USA?

Bajan Best

Reaction Score
I watch UConn-Baylor game 2 weeks ago in China.
Could be:
China has ESPN in all cable providers, or
My PC is made in USA?
Have no clue about China, perhaps your Internet connection was through a VPN without your knowing, but they are laws governing what content can be shown in which country, It's kind of annoying to tell the truth, because no provision was legally made for people traveling on vacation to have access without the use of a VPN... Just another purchase one has to invest in.. :)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
As a permanent resident of Guatemala, I have resigned myself to following the important games on Gametracker, and watching them when the archive becomes available. We DO have ESPN 1, 2 and 3 here, but our provider, which is a Mexican company, almost always substitutes a futbol game whenever a women's event of any kind is on U.S. ESPN. Today's game was the first to be actually broadcast here. They overdub the English comments with even worse Spanish commentators. My understanding is that even with a vpn, since we do not have a U.S. provider, we are simply sol. If that is NOT true, I would sure like to know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom