Watched Villanova game 15 min outside of Philly | The Boneyard

Watched Villanova game 15 min outside of Philly

Reaction Score
I'm on a business trip in a suburb of Philly and no one was excited for the game even when Nova was down 7-0.

I'm fairly drunk so maybe if they were down 7 in the 2nd half there would be more yelling, but I feel like if I was watching Uconn down 7 in the first half as a 1 seed I would at least hear a 'Fire Glen Miller' or something

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm on a business trip in a suburb of Philly and no one was excited for the game even when Nova was down 7-0.

I'm fairly drunk so maybe if they were down 7 in the 2nd half there would be more yelling, but I feel like if I was watching Uconn down 7 in the first half as a 1 seed I would at least hear a 'Fire Glen Miller' or something

We already hear plenty of it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This is a city where they threw snowballs at Santa.

Where they had a courtroom and jail below the football field because the fans were so unruly.

Where fans vomit on fans of opposing teams.

Philly fans are many things, but lacking passion or hatred of their own teams are not among them.

Villanova fans are something different altogether. They're mostly people you'd love to throat punch.

Reaction Score

Where they had a courtroom and jail below the football field because the fans were so unruly.

Philly fans are many things, but lacking passion or hatred of their own teams are not among them.

Villanova fans are something different altogether. They're mostly people you'd love to throat punch.

Hartford last weekend was basically 8,000 Philly fans.

Reaction Score

Must have been in the wrong suburb. Went there while a UConn student to visit kids we went to high school with, and it felt like going from middle school to college. VU was pretty good then (in national championship game in another year or two), and you could just see they had a different brand of athlete there. It was a very long time ago, and I think the shoe is on the other foot now, but I was impressed back then.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
In fairness I've watched a lot of UConn at Tavern House in Tolland and me and my buddy were the only people who cared about the game. If there is UFC or motocross on forget about it!

Reaction Score
Hard to get excited about a 16 seed when you are a 1. Perhaps some started to take notice early in the 2nd half when Monmonth briefly took a 32-31 lead. For sure not a panic though. I don't think fans of a 1 have panicked maybe since cuse were taken to the wire (72-65) in 2012 or....

For Uconn fans specifically, Perhaps in 2006 when Uconn was down 11 in the 2nd half vs Vermont. That was the first legit possible upset over a 1 many had seen since Holy Cross brought Kansas down to the wire in late 90s/early 2000s when Holy cross had the ball under 4 minutes and only down 5. Sadly they loss by 9 but they really gave Kansas a run for their money.

Every 5 or 6 years a 16 leads at the half and loses by single digits.

thedrowsyowl

TU student from CT
Reaction Score

You ain't wrong! ;)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I watched Nova 15 minutes out of Hartford and still could have cared less about the outcome

Reaction Score
Actually watched the Nova game next to Kevin Ollie at Max's. I am a Nova guy. so -needless to say I was the only guy in the whole joint who cared. Except when they damn near covered.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom