Watch list for Katrina McClain Award (power forwards) | The Boneyard

Watch list for Katrina McClain Award (power forwards)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Gotta think Cox is the clear frontrunner here, but Hebard has a shot.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Another Fr. (Belibi) making a list. Not really sure how much impact she'll have her first year on The Farm.

Reaction Score
Also remember that Tara went to Shannon Coffee over Maya Dodson in the loss to Notre Dame, granted that Dodson IIRC also was dealing with lingering injuries last season. So, any post presence will be welcome

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Tara has a lot of options. She may play a big lineup at times, but she might also go w/ a smaller, versatile lineup as well. Is Belibi expected to have a bigger impact this year than Jones?

Good points above. Yeah, I don't really expect Fingall to be 100% at the beginning of the year. I keep waiting for the switch to flip for Dodson. She seems like a prototypical basketball player, but she just hasn't been that productive or consistent in 2 years so far.

Reaction Score
It’s tricky to see who might be impactful. Rebounding will be a huge need this year, and I imagine that Belibi and Prechtel might get some time because of that. If Jones can rebound on the wing like Carrington, she might get some time as well, but I think it comes down to what exactly Tara is looking for to complement Kiana and Carrington who are the only two proven starters.

Reaction Score

I agree that with Cox being the front runner. She will also be more of a focus on her team than Hebard so we could see some gaudy stats. The only caveat is if she is rusty from recovering from the injury or if there are any lingering issues.
As an aside I love A Mitchell’s game. I think she would thrive as a garbage bucket, pick setter and defender on a championship level team.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
but I think it comes down to what exactly Tara is looking for to complement Kiana and Carrington who are the only two proven starters.

I would think the chances of one of the Hull twins starting is fairly high. One or the other was in the starting lineup most of last season.

Any possibility Wilson has a breakthrough as a Sr., or Brown has a big sophomore jump?

Reaction Score
I think Wilson is the teams best defender by far for guards, so she may be called upon; however, given the strengths of the rest of the team it makes a lineup tricky. The question is if you play Wilson, who slides into the 4? Carrington probably could but that’s dependent on her health. Alanna Smith in many ways was the glue that kept the team together last season given her versatility.

Wilson
Williams
Hull
Carrington
Dodson

That’s a pretty small but speedy team, but I think it’s more likely you’ll see Wilson or Brown in matchup situations. Wilson has a tendency to go ice cold from the field, so it’ll be interesting to see if that’s changed at all.

If Jerome has improved her defense, we might see more of her at the 4, but there’s a lot to shake out between now and conference play.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I'd say Cox, Hebard, and Alarie in that order.

On the other hand, Unique Thompson is a one-of-a-kind player. ;)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I agree that with Cox being the front runner. She will also be more of a focus on her team than Hebard so we could see some gaudy stats. The only caveat is if she is rusty from recovering from the injury or if there are any lingering issues.
As an aside I love A Mitchell’s game. I think she would thrive as a garbage bucket, pick setter and defender on a championship level team.

Agree with you on Ayana Mitchell. If memory holds, she and Thompson both averaged a double-double in SEC play.

Agree that primary focus will be -- and probably should be -- placed on Cox, Hebard and Alarie. But players like Mitchell, Thompson and Naz Hillmon of Michigan do yeoman work for their repective teams. With Center Hallie Thome graduated (seemed like she was there a decade!), expect Hillmon to be the focal point of all Wolverine inside play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom