Was the Geno-money a rules violation? | The Boneyard

Was the Geno-money a rules violation?

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Were the Geno-dollars bandied about by the Huskies at the end of the SC game a rules violation? Especially against an SEC team and on national TV?

upload_2017-2-14_12-13-11.png

Reaction Score
Were the Geno-dollars bandied about by the Huskies at the end of the SC game a rules violation? Especially against an SEC team and on national TV?

View attachment 19759
Danny passed them out at the Virginia game 12 or so years ago--if no violation then none now--I still have mine--1,000,000 Geno dollars--and to me it's worth a million US dollars. (don't try to cash them in)
I'd like to express my gratitude to whomever was smart enough to make them and pass them out on this historic occasion.
Who are the NCAA going to bring up on charges--Uconn --??? Or the guy who passed them out --I'll donate to that defense fund.
If they passed out flyers with a Gamecock in a toilet --instead of Geno's face--maybe then it's a violation. How can this offend anyone except some psycho?? Turn over any School T shirt and you can find an NCAA violation--let them work on NC and Baylor then they can come a calling at Uconn..

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score

View attachment 19759
Let's just hope no one in that photo used any of that money after the game to eat at Wendy's or speak to any Little League pitchers…the SEC would be all over us like Gabby defending a post player!

Reaction Score
I did see Sue and Maya in the stand --did they drive those Geno dollars up thru the Atlanta Airport to ESPN in Bristol then Gampel
I think a SPECIAL PROSECUTOR IS dictated!!
They've got bigger problems. Heard they hit the Wendy's drive through first and tried to use those $100 bills with Geno on them. NCAA and Secret Service conducting a joint investigation.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'd like to express my gratitude to whomever was smart enough to make them and pass them out on this historic occasion.
Better than regular confetti. Besides the general novelty of them, people will actually pick them up and keep them.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Did anybody end up with an extra to spare?
They did not float down to the upper rows of Section 12 where I was squished into.

Reaction Score
Breaking news....the NCAA has suspended its ongoing inquires into the Baylor football rape investigation and the UNC academic fraud investigation to focus on UConn. When contacted the NCAA would only say "currency counterfeit is direct threat to national security and additional investigators were needed to bring UConn to justice."

When contacted for comment, Louisville Men's Basketball Head Coach Rick Pitino stated "the rampant use of school sponsored prostitution to lure recruits to Louisville is nothing compared to the currency fraud which occurred at UConn. I, for one, believe schools should be held accountable and have no doubt UConn basketball will be given the death penalty."

Reaction Score
They've got bigger problems. Heard they hit the Wendy's drive through first and tried to use those $100 bills with Geno on them. NCAA and Secret Service conducting a joint investigation.
Tin type cops both of them---neither can investigate without political influences.
What is worse about all this--is; Wendy's accept them---and rejected those with pictures on them of non presidents......Smart people work at Wendys..

Reaction Score
All jokes aside, don't you think we passed this free money scheme by our compliance office and the NCAA??

Reaction Score
Breaking news...the NCAA has suspended its ongoing inquires into the Baylor football rape investigation and the UNC academic fraud investigation to focus on UConn. When contacted the NCAA would only say "currency counterfeit is direct threat to national security and additional investigators were needed to bring UConn to justice."

When contacted for comment, Louisville Men's Basketball Head Coach Rick Pitino stated "the rampant use of school sponsored prostitution to lure recruits to Louisville is nothing compared to the currency fraud which occurred at UConn. I, for one, believe schools should be held accountable and have no doubt UConn basketball will be given the death penalty."

You can always count on Pitino to make sense of a senseless charge--to put it into proper perspective--how can any one in their right NCAA minds think that a School sponsored prostitution for recruits can compare with fake 100 dollar bills --with Geno;s kisser on them??
This is only second to the damage 100 wins have done to the world of Women's basketball in particular and Basketball in General--
Travesty---just travesty!! The sooner the NCAA can be shed of Geno Auriemma the sooner this black cloud over women's basketball will disperse!! And we can go back to the status quo---Tenn shall win again!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

View attachment 19759

Only if it was a bad picture of Geno, which it did not appear to be. :)

I just called the UConn apparel shop. They won't have the "100" tee-shirts the team wore last night for another 2 weeks. They should be in around the 27th of the month.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can just envision the news headlines of the future UConn money-gate scandal....

"As news of the UConn currency scandal spread harsh condemnation was heard throughout the college sports world. Perhaps the most poignant comments were uttered by SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey who provided the follow statement...

"We in the SEC have a long tradition of playing players. Hell, the SEC had 3 different teams pay Cam Newton to play and how else can you explain the Tennessee women's basketball current recruiting class. That said, the SEC cannot be expected to compete with a school printing its own money. UConn's actions have endangered the impartial, amateur nature of modern NCAA competition which the SEC has spearheaded. The SEC conference calls for swift and decisive action against the University of Connecticut."

Reaction Score
Of course it was a violation. Now our program should get the death penalty. Of course if you go to North Carolina, you can use those bills to buy a term paper.

Reaction Score
Only if it was a bad picture of Geno, which it did not appear to be. :)

I just called the UConn apparel shop. They won't have the "100" tee-shirts the team wore last night for another 2 weeks. They should be in around the 27th of the month.
By then I'll want the 110 shirt. :D

Reaction Score
I'll give you $150 for one signed by Geno.
Spending them at Wendy's would be criminal.
Like selling a Gold Dollar Coin for $1, Or a Silver Quarter for $0.25

Reaction Score
Of course it was a violation. Now our program should get the death penalty. Of course if you go to North Carolina, you can use those bills to buy a term paper.
What'll it get you at Baylor?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom