Was that the scariest last 3 plus minutes you've seen in a long time? | The Boneyard

Was that the scariest last 3 plus minutes you've seen in a long time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm sure there are other similar big leads in an elimination game that UConn almost or did squander, but it reminded me of the Clemson game back in 1990. People remember "the shot", but few remember the squander. I think UConn was up somewhere around 20 points and Clemson began to press us and we gave it all up. The one mistake that Clemson made was they left one second on the clock and the rest is history.

Good thing we shoot the h*ll out of the ball from the line. This team is shooting FTs like they did in 2011 and 14. It's too bad they don't close out games like those two teams did.

Anyhow, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride. Since Adams hit that 60 footer, we've been playing with house money. Let's see how many chips we cash in before it's all said and done.

Reaction Score
Scariest since Cincy in the AACT...
Yeah, that was a 7 point lead with less time, but as for double digit late leads. I don't remember any tournament ones we squandered like we did today since the Clemson game, but I have CRS (Can't Remember ) so I'm sure I've forgotten some painful memories.

Did we squander big leads against Florida and Miss State in those close losses? I don't recall them going down that way.

Reaction Score
San Diego in '08 was pretty nerve racking, but once AJ went down I don't think any of us expected anything.

Reaction Score
Arizona in 2011 was scarier. We blew an 8 point lead in that last minute or two correct? And Arizona had a good look at the winning three off a rebound and just missed it. We never really gave CU a chance with our FT shooting.

Reaction Score
The George Mason end + OT was scary and turned out to be too real.

Reaction Score
It wasn't good but I never really thought we would give up the lead. Maybe when Gibbs turned it over but then he got it back a second later.

Much more nervous when we were trailing in the first half, and then missed wide open looks are first few shots in the 2nd.

Reaction Score
This team has an uncanny ability to make a 9 pt lead feel like nothing and a 9 pt deficit feel insurmountable. Somehow they did both today!

Reaction Score
One of those times when I feel like I need to apologize to the neighbors next time I walk out of the house. They can't see the TV but I think they probably hear me screaming at something. Damn I hate that kind of basketball.

Reaction Score
cash-free-images-part-2.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't remember squandering a lead. In fact, didn't DB hit a late shot in regulation to get us to OT. I thought we were behind late in that game.

Reaction Score
I don't remember squandering a lead. In fact, didn't DB hit a late shot in regulation to get us to OT. I thought we were behind late in that game.

Yes, we were behind late both in regulation and in overtime -- we came back to tie in regulation and almost won it in overtime. Denham's 3 is one of the biggest "what if"s in program history.

Reaction Score
I thought the qualifier was scary...

C

Chief00

IMO it's stalling with the ball - if we keep attacking we are ok - then they are forced to foul.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This definitely had my heart racing.

Scary? Not quite. I'll give you scary.

My morning commute can take some time. I usually drink about 20oz of coffee during the drive. As many know, caffeine has laxative like properties.
A few weeks ago, as I was getting out of my car in the parking lot, I got that jolt of pain around the kidneys. That sharp, shooting pain that immediately gets your attention and refocuses your attention.
No problem. I gingerly walk in to the office building. Gingerly, like you have bubble wrap for shoes and your trying not to pop any bubbles. I make it the front doors and realize today is definitely an elevator kind of day. Sure, it's only two floors but no way was I risking the stairs with the preparatory condition of my bowels.
Unfortunately after several swipes of my badge I realized the ever finicky access reader wasn't going to help me out today. I duck walked over to the stairwell. 20 steps stood between me and the bathroom.
I thought to myself, "Self, what would KO do?". No elevators or escalators. We take stairs.
This was going to be a battle. Each step could have spelled impending doom. Each movement of the body could have been the straw that broke the camel's back, the drip that broke the dyke.
One step. Two steps. I could hear Robert DeNiro yelling at my in his Men of Honor voice. Three steps. Four steps. The pain was agonizing.
Somehow I did it. Finally made the stairs, opened the door and made it to the John. This was one of those stop and slowly lower yourself events.
Made it.

That was scary.

Reaction Score
We deserved to lose that game, I was disappointed but not distraught. We had the horses but they didn't put in the work, until they smelled desperation and it was too late. GM was already full of confidence.

Wow I still remember even the emotions.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Yeah, that was a 7 point lead with less time, but as for double digit late leads. I don't remember any tournament ones we squandered like we did today since the Clemson game, but I have CRS (Can't Remember ) so I'm sure I've forgotten some painful memories.

Did we squander big leads against Florida and Miss State in those close losses? I don't recall them going down that way.
We had a 10 point lead against Florida, but it wasn't late. Mississippi State we didn't score enough to ever build a lead, and we barely made it respectable at the end.

Reaction Score
We lost Coach Moore before the Miss St game if I remember correctly and it hurt us. We couldn't hit a shot all game that day. Painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom