Was that a bad call not to foul? | The Boneyard

Was that a bad call not to foul?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Took a gamble. . Was it the right call
Should have fouled, but they had time to wait for the ball to go to a bad FT shooter. Still, they had chances and should have fouled someone after a set amount of time.

Reaction Score
Yes. This was almost as bad as Calipari not fouling us, down 4, with a minute to go.

Best case scenario was a rebound and having to go the length of the floor for a 3 with 5 seconds left.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Should have fouled, but they had time to wait for the ball to go to a bad FT shooter. Still, they had chances and should have fouled someone after a set amount of time.
This. You try to trap, steal the inbound etc. You can even try to wait for a bad FT shooter to get the ball, but with only a 5 second differential, you have to foul when the clock gets to 10 seconds or so since you have no time outs.

Reaction Score
Should have gone for a steal and if you didn't get it foul. Maybe if we had a timeout I'd say play it out is worth the gamble, but without it I think extending the game was a better option

Reaction Score
After the ball got over half court, they should have fouled. Even if we got that rebound at the end, we have 5 seconds and no timeout, so best case scenario we get a desperation 3.

When you're losing a game and there's that little difference between the shot clock and the game clock, you try to extend the game, plain and simple.

Reaction Score
Coney forgot what he was doing I think but it ended up working out for him.

Reaction Score
Yes. They weren't shooting a good percentage and leaving us with about 5 seconds for a 3 wouldn't have been a good shot. I love KO but this was a badly coached game in general

Reaction Score
Took a gamble. . Was it the right call

I liked the call. there was about a 6 second difference and generally the team that is in the lead in those situations would not wait until the last second to shoot but would shoot with something around 5 seconds to go so that would have ideally given us roughly 10 seconds to bring it up the court and find the open guy.

In a frenzied 10 seconds or less situation defenses can get caught miss assignments and lose track of a guy, leaving a guy or 2 open for a 3...I had no problem with the call.

Reaction Score
Boheim always fouls up three. we should of fouled and extended the game. Having said that we need to beat Gonzaga

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Foul Cooney and then you are down five. Not fouling was fine. Not boxing out to get the key rebound was not.

Reaction Score
Yes. They shot 61.5% from the FT line for the game. They were not likely to convert all of their attempts, leaving an opening for us to cut the lead closer. We needed more time and opportunities. We did not give them to ourselves.

BTW: if you want to know the difference in the game, they went 24-39 from the line compared to us going 14-21.

Reaction Score
Foul Cooney and then you are down five. Not fouling was fine. Not boxing out to get the key rebound was not.
Right, but Cooney wasn't the only one who touched the ball. Force it out of his hands and foul someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom