Warren Beatty Congratulates USF On Win Over UCONN | The Boneyard

Warren Beatty Congratulates USF On Win Over UCONN

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Preface: This is not a political post!

In 1972, I was a campus organizer for the McGovern campaign. Warren Beatty, a major star at the time, came to campus to speak to our rally. I was on stage with him - and will never forget what happened next. He said,"There are lots of people out there who think we are going to lose this election. Well, we know better! We've got all of you behind this campaign! George McGovern is going to LOSE this election."

SAY WHAT? Without a script, he was (and is) scarcely able to put a sentence together. As he fumbled about at the Oscars, I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. All these years later, nothing much seems to have changed with him.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
In Beatty's defense, he was given the wrong envelope. And he was right about McGovern losing.

It says right on the card what the award is for. But whatever. As to McGovern, I well knew we weren't going to win, but we could have done without Beatty's "help." He had no idea what he said. Very tired or intoxicated, or both. Again, whatever. It doesn't matter now.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
A little back story here. Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty were presenting in honor of the 50th anniversary of Bonnie and Clyde. ( Hard to believe it's been that long. Gene Wilder's first movie) Any way, it turns out Beatty and Dunaway hate each other, and the rehearsals were contentious, to say the least. Dunaway wanted to read the winner, and Beatty reluctantly agreed. If you watch the replay, Dunaway announced the winner, not Beatty. (Let's not present alternate facts.)

Warren and Faye Fought Over Who Announces Best Picture

Reaction Score
Preface: This is not a political post!

In 1972, I was a campus organizer for the McGovern campaign. Warren Beatty, a major star at the time, came to campus to speak to our rally. I was on stage with him - and will never forget what happened next. He said,"There are lots of people out there who think we are going to lose this election. Well, we know better! We've got all of you behind this campaign! George McGovern is going to LOSE this election."

SAY WHAT? Without a script, he was (and is) scarcely able to put a sentence together. As he fumbled about at the Oscars, I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. All these years later, nothing much seems to have changed with him.
Got to say this about Beatty---when he's right he's right---remember this poor guy doesn't have much blood left to enrich his brain cells---.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom