Warning: Liberty Sun 05/07 game at Columbia not open to general public | The Boneyard

Warning: Liberty Sun 05/07 game at Columbia not open to general public

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I had thought that as a Manhattan dweller, I would try to see the Sun / Liberty game at Columbia University at 3PM but based on the writeup here

Liberty to Host Connecticut in Preseason Game at Columbia University on May 7 - New York Liberty

it is not open to the general public. "Tickets to the preseason contest will be available exclusively for Liberty Loyal season ticket members". Hope this warning may save a few who thought they may just walk up and get tickets.

If anyone is going, please give us the dirt.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I understand the after game stuff being exclusive but the game should be open for people who may want tickets. I cant imagine that Liberty season ticketholder's would fill Columbia University’s Levien Gymnasium with a capacity of 2500. There is another team as well. Why would the sun agree with this? Maybe the sun do this as well?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tina Charles is all world.
Morgan Tuck looking good

Sadly Kelly Faris again is not impacting the game. :(

Reaction Score
My takeaways from today's game. Didn't see it, but read the box score. They are going to cut Adams but should cut Gray. Morgan Tuck seems to be doing really well. Bria Hartley did ok. Tina is her usual dominant self. Banham (I have been a big supporter) but she better start making shots. Better to have out of shape Adams than short little Banham hitting virtually nothing. Faris did get more points than January. Kizer did alright. It will be good to get Bentley back. They need the scoring. Lastly, Brionna Jones, like Adams, didn't get much playing time. Are they going to cut her?

Overall, the Sun did pretty well. Balanced scoring with Morgan leading the way. That seems like a fun formula for a UConn fan.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
From the article:
"The Sun used pressure man-to-man defense to force 23 Liberty turnovers. They had 12 steals and their defensive intensity allowed them to get out in transition. Point guard Jasmine Thomas defended Liberty guard Bria Hartley full court, and the Sun was in denial defense for much of the game.

“We like to get after it defensively, press the ball, get into passing lanes, and we have a lot of players that are really good in the open floor,” said Thomas following the game. Aggressive defense leads to opportunities to run, and the Sun did just that. Connecticut picked up where they left off last season, first in pace in the WNBA."

This game highlights the problem with keeping Adams over Gray. The Sun like to pressure and run, run, run. If the roster were a couple spots bigger, keeping her would be a no-brainer. I posed this as a dilemma when they first signed her. As talented a shooter as she is, I don't see the fit.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
From the article:

This game highlights the problem with keeping Adams over Gray. The Sun like to pressure and run, run, run. If the roster were a couple spots bigger, keeping her would be a no-brainer. I posed this as a dilemma when they first signed her. As talented a shooter as she is, I don't see the fit.
I agree with you that they SHOULD keep Gray over Adams, and moreover I predict that they WILL do exactly that. I think they understand that they aren't going to outmuscle anybody, and despite her girth Danielle Adams would not be the person to do that anyway. If they win, it will be with speed, ball-hawking defense, and deception. Gray fits that description much better than Adams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom