Warde Manuel | The Boneyard

Warde Manuel

Reaction Score
Warde gets full blame for Diaco, but blaming him for Ollie is dumb. JC gave us Ollie, and we did get a national campionship from that move.

If you decide to go back in time and erase the Ollie hire it's very possible or even probable you will erase the 2014 national championship.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The more sound bites we hear from Diaco, the more puzzled I am that he was a top candidate. His resume got his foot in the door, yes. But he cannot put together a coherent thought as near as I can tell.

Reaction Score
I gotta admit I was very wrong.. If Warde gave Ollie an extension that virtually guarantees we cannot buy him out then Warde owns Ollie not JC.

Thanks Warde, You are a first class idiot. I cannot believe anyone can be that stupid. Someone needs to find out why Ollie was guranteed so much money, It makes no sense.

Reaction Score
I gotta admit I was very wrong.. If Warde gave Ollie an extension that virtually guarantees we cannot buy him out then Warde owns Ollie not JC.

Thanks Warde, You are a first class idiot. I cannot believe anyone can be that stupid. Someone needs to find out why Ollie was guranteed so much money, It makes no sense.
Gave an extension after winning the NC with NBA teams looking around...what a dufus.

Reaction Score
When Ollie won the NC in 2014 and NBA teams (specifically the team from his home town the Lakers) were sniffing around...and he was listening...this board and the Uconn fanbase was SCREAMING for Warde Manuel to lock him up long term and show him the love by offering him a salary so good he would stay. He gets the contract extension and then suddenly can't win the big game; can't win the games he is supposed to; can't recruit and now Warde is the reason why he may be here long term win or lose because his buyout # is too big for the school to pay? I'm confused....

Reaction Score
Ollie was extended and given a raise in 2016, no? The bloom was already off the rose in 2016. The 2016 extension was a dumb move.

Reaction Score
Ollie was extended and given a raise in 2016, no? The bloom was already off the rose in 2016. The 2016 extension was a dumb move.
My memory of things is he was given a raise after the NC when the NBA came calling to keep him in Storrs.

Reaction Score
My memory of things is he was given a raise after the NC when the NBA came calling to keep him in Storrs.

Correct, and for no reason at all he was extended two years and given a raise in 2016 as Warde was on his way out the door if I am remembering correctly.

Reaction Score
Correct, and for no reason at all he was extended two years and given a raise in 2016 as Warde was on his way out the door if I am remembering correctly.
Warde Manuel Departure From UConn Would Allow Kevin Ollie To Opt Out Of Contract
Auriemma, Ollie Under Contract At UConn Through 2021 For Close To $31M

Warde signed him to his extension in 2014...that contract was set to expire in 2019. Benedict gave him an extension along with Geno in 2016 that expires in 2021. Warde was long gone when he got his extension from Benedict. Nice try though.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When Ollie won the NC in 2014 and NBA teams (specifically the team from his home town the Lakers) were sniffing around...and he was listening...this board and the Uconn fanbase was SCREAMING for Warde Manuel to lock him up long term and show him the love by offering him a salary so good he would stay. He gets the contract extension and then suddenly can't win the big game; can't win the games he is supposed to; can't recruit and now Warde is the reason why he may be here long term win or lose because his buyout # is too big for the school to pay? I'm confused....
Wait, do you think that Warde did this because the BY told him to?

Reaction Score
I think I remember reading the story. Ollie and Diaco were each given an extension to help project stability during the B12 nonsense. Warde prepared the deals but Benedict as the incoming AD signed them into action.

Reaction Score
I think I remember reading the story. Ollie and Diaco were each given an extension to help project stability during the B12 nonsense. Warde prepared the deals but Benedict as the incoming AD signed them into action.
Click on the links above...they are for the Courant articles announcing the extensions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom