Warde Manuel Was Sold On Bob Diaco Overnight (J. Jacobs) | The Boneyard

Warde Manuel Was Sold On Bob Diaco Overnight (J. Jacobs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...diaco-column-ss-20140828,0,4181370,full.story

>>Is it a show? The first time you see him, listen to Diaco, that's the question. The second time, it's still the question. He's so charismatic, so full of energy and ideas and specific structures, you wonder how can he keep it up? And is it genuine?

This is how used cars get sold, you tell yourself. This is how Ponzi schemes start. Is Diaco a bullspitter? And if not, is he a shooting star that will burn out quickly?

“Nooooo, nooooo, nooooo!” Manuel said. “That's what I love about the guy. The passion and positive energy is there every day. In practice, he's not negative and digging at them and tearing them down. He's all over the place on the field. What to do. How to do it. What to remember. He's engaged in every aspect of what's going on. And he hasn't wavered from what he believes.

“Sure, I want to see the energy he brings in the first game this week, but I've already seen tapes of him as an assistant. It's the kind of energy young men need to help them, because everything isn't going to go right in a game.”<<

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Hey remember when everyone was freaking the duck* out over Narduzzi supposedly turning down UConn's offer?

After Narduzzi withdrew near the end of the process, it was reported in some quarters he turned down UConn's offer to be head coach. Manuel refused comment on the process, but from what I understand it actually came down to two finalists and both would be brought in to meet Herbst and McHugh. That way if one backed out, there wouldn't be a desperate scramble to get the second choice back in the running. Remember, there were other schools filling jobs, too.

Narduzzi was torn about leaving East Lansing. He couldn't bring himself to leave. Coach Mark Dantonio said recently Narduzzi had more than one coaching offer. Michigan State also ended up making Narduzzi the highest-paid Big Ten assistant, bumping his salary from $512,500 to $904,583.

In this parallel scenario, Manuel already was bringing in Diaco. In piecing this together, I have grown convinced Manuel had given the edge to Diaco over Narduzzi and it would have taken a compelling argument from Herbst and McHugh, who had final approval, for Manuel to change course. The point became moot when Narduzzi pulled himself out of the running and the UConn hierarchy loved Diaco.

“I wasn't misleading you when I said at the press conference that Bob Diaco was my first choice,” Manuel said.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There are people in this world that are full on, all the time. It can be annoying if he's in the cubicle next door. But, if you want a FB coach or any other type of leadership position, it's a very good thing. The fact that he seems to care about his players, is a bonus that will allow him to maintain their interest without tuning out.

Reaction Score
Warde really needs to go low carb. He looks even bigger than last year. Cannot be healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom