Warde Manuel and Bob Diaco | The Boneyard

Warde Manuel and Bob Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have ourselves two rock stars here. Warde hired the right guy, Diaco is awesome and he has me fired up for Husky football. Confident we are going to see a big uptick in recruiting, this guy has an infectious personality and kids are going to want to run through walls for him.

Reaction Score
Me too. I like this guy. I always forget how large of a man WM is. Not fat but just a large person. In his playing days he must have been a monster. Anyone have his height/weight from his Michigan days.

Great day for UCONN football.

Reaction Score
Has to win first, but I agree a good first impression.

He started winning games today. He started to win over the players. I'm sure he won over the media. He is winning over the fans.

Winning is a culture. He has started to create HIS method of a winning program. It's a journey. Anyone who waits for him to win first, is missing the ride.

Reaction Score
He started winning games today. He started to win over the players. I'm sure he won over the media. He is winning over the fans.

Winning is a culture. He has started to create HIS method of a winning program. It's a journey. Anyone who waits for him to win first, is missing the ride.
Winning solves everything

Reaction Score
Watching the press conference now. LOVE the guy. Great personality. Makes me want strap my chin strap on throw my pads on play for him myself. Looking forward to the future.

Reaction Score

Let's enjoy every freakin mile of this "ride". . As he said, it's all about process in everything we do and doing it right.....and we can do it right, our part, and don't be late...be there.. August, BYU.
Can't wait...when is the Kickoff Dinner?

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

Process. It isall about process and we all play a part in creating that environment that breeds success.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Me too. I like this guy. I always forget how large of a man WM is. Not fat but just a large person. In his playing days he must have been a monster. Anyone have his height/weight from his Michigan days.

Don't kid yourself. Warde could stand to lose 50-60 lbs.

Reaction Score
As much as I was into the possibility of Narduzzi becoming our next coach, I could not be happier with Diaco as our guy. I feel if it were Narduzzi, he would just look at it as simply a job and a step towards something bigger.

In his presser, Diaco was visibly excited and genuinely wants to be here. Even if he may see us as a stepping stone today, that doesn't mean he'll feel the same way 3 years from now. If 3 years from now he bolts for a higher profile P5 HC position, then clearly the team has been winning, is in good shape, and I'd have complete confidence in Warde picking the right guy once again.

I just don't see Narduzzi giving an introductory press conference like that for us nor do I see him being as excited about the opportunity as Diaco clearly was today.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Surprised that he accepted so little to come here.
I heard the beginning of Joe D's show...the contract starts at 1.1M and ends with 1.3M?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I heard the beginning of Joe D's show...the contract starts at 1.1M and ends with 1.3M?
It's $400k base plus $1.1m (media obligations, endorsements, etc) the first year.

Reaction Score
Dove said:

Plus a 400k base. Adds up to 1.5m to start.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If Diaco makes UConn a perrenial contender in the AAC, and sticks around long enough for us to get the ACC / B1G invite, I'm sure he'll be handsomely rewarded.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I thought he looked a little thinner. Maybe he had that stomach operation like Lew Perkins.

I was behind him at the Maine game (hoops). That middle back seam of his jacket was screaming "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH"

Big man for sure. Knows coaches, tho.

Reaction Score
Don't kid yourself. Warde could stand to lose 50-60 lbs.
I like Warde a lot, hope he stays around UCONN for a long time. That being said he needs to lose at least 60 lbs, and see his cardiologist annually.

23565766_BG3.jpg
wardemanuel2.gif

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I like Warde a lot, hope he stays around UCONN for a long time. That being said he needs to lose at least 60 lbs, and see his cardiologist annually.

23565766_BG3.jpg
wardemanuel2.gif

he still has the neck roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members