Warde Manual working on future scheduling | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Warde Manual working on future scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1:1's are a different animal, with respect to a neutral site game. Very few would be happy here with a 1:1 with anyone that included our 1 as a NY/Foxboro game.

2:1:1 with one true home game, one NY/Foxboro, and 2 away? Now you're talking.

I think many would enjoy a bowl game atmosphere in NJ if it's against any perennial top 15-20 team out there. If the UConn AD refused a series (1 on the road and 1 in NJ) because Texas or whoever refused to play the Rent, they should be fired. Especially in this day and age where OOC games are going to be the be all end all when it comes to postseason.

Reaction Score
Given that we've beaten ND in South Bend, and most UConn fans feel like we should have/could have beaten Michigan in Ann Arbor, where do you get this crap that we'd have a one in one hundred chance of beating that level team in the Meadowlands?
are you saying you felt we could have beatn Michigan in Ann Arbor going into the game, or coming out?

Reaction Score
I'd take Newark over Bridgeport, but every state has their towns they'd rather forget. interestingly i saw an article within the last year that measured per capita GDP by city and Bridgeport was #5 in the world. they were also on a recent list as having one of the highest percentage of millionaires of any town in the US. obviously they're including areas i don't think of when i think of Bridgeport, but i was pretty surprised nonetheless.

i love the jersey bashing, but to be honest, the area of jersey i live in is not much different from Litchfield county where i lived, except there's a lot more people and stuff to do. when i lived in CT i had to drive 20 minutes to the grocery store. now i have a mall, 3 groceries, a kmart, walmart, target and home depot all within about a mile. also there's no such thing as a leisurely drive in NJ

They must've considered Fairfield and Westport a part of Bridgeport. That's the only logical explanation that I have for that stat.

Reaction Score
I could see having the Big East football conference championship in the Meadowlands, but I'm not traveling down there to pacify Michigan or Notre Dame when in 10 years or less we're going to be sitting right next to them in the rankings. The Rent might not be the Big House......yet...... but give this Div 1 thing a chance to grow. We put together some amazing seasons and people will help get that wind tunnel turned into a destination.

Reaction Score
are you saying you felt we could have beatn Michigan in Ann Arbor going into the game, or coming out?

I felt going in that we should win the game. Not could but should.

Obviously, they kicked our butt that day, for a number of reasons (self-inflicted wounds, bad defensive gameplan, something "off" with the teams attitude (not just that week but for the 1st half of the year) and not being prepared for their QB (how could we have been), but I still believe that if we had played them later in the season we could have won. The loss proved they were the better team that day. The season didn't fully convince me that they were a better team.

Reaction Score
I felt going in that we should win the game. Not could but should.

Obviously, they kicked our butt that day, for a number of reasons (self-inflicted wounds, bad defensive gameplan, something "off" with the teams attitude (not just that week but for the 1st half of the year) and not being prepared for their QB (how could we have been), but I still believe that if we had played them later in the season we could have won. The loss proved they were the better team that day. The season didn't fully convince me that they were a better team.
I wasn't as confident going in... Agree with you on everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom