Want To See "The Shot" Again? | The Boneyard

Want To See "The Shot" Again?

Reaction Score
In UConn history, ‘the shot’ is this one…

Fun to see this "classic" again..
I couldn't help but notice Shea Ralph's layup after Swin's shot. What struck me (even after watching a few more times) was the similarity in mannerisms, movement, and demeanor between her and Ashlynn Shade (a comparison that has been brought up numerous times).
I also smiled as I saw 4 of our current coaching staff on the bench at this game 24 years ago!
Thanks for sharing.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Throughout the history of UConn WBB there are several instances that could be referred to as “The Shot.” But there is only one shot that will forever be referred to as “The Bounce.” :)

Reaction Score
I wasn't there for the "bounce", but I count myself very lucky for being there for being there for DT's 2/3 court shot, Sue's half court shot and game winning shot, and Swin's infamous put back (I laughed my head off).

Question for the old timers, what game was it when Gampel's roof leaked? I vaguely recall it was a BE tournament game. Was that the ND game? The guy who went up in the cage was the most badass thing I ever saw on a basketball court. I nominate it for the all-time badass award.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I wasn't there for the "bounce", but I count myself very lucky for being there for being there for DT's 2/3 court shot, Sue's half court shot and game winning shot, and Swin's infamous put back (I laughed my head off).

Question for the old timers, what game was it when Gampel's roof leaked? I vaguely recall it was a BE tournament game. Was that the ND game? The guy who went up in the cage was the most badass thing I ever saw on a basketball court. I nominate it for the all-time badass award.
There was hardly anyone there for the bounce due to Covid protocols unless you count the cardboard cutouts that some fans paid to install in Gampel’s seats in lieu of actually being at the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom