Want to scout South Carolina? | The Boneyard

Want to scout South Carolina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
That was a really good game last year. Idk if it will be this year but I love Jordin Canada.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
And if you are so moved, you can watch South Carolina beat up on Clemson tonight on the SEC Network.

While much improved - I think - from their worst, obviously Clemson is not in SC's ballpark.

Reaction Score
That was a really good game last year. Idk if it will be this year but I love Jordin Canada.

It should be a great game this year as well but idk if it will be as close as last years 3 point victory. I also LOVE Canada's game really wish we had her on our team I also love Monique Billings she has to be the most Athletic 6'4 post player in the country, outside of those 2 I don't know if they have enough to contend with SC. Lajhanna Drummer their AA post is still injured so they play a 4 guard 1 post lineup. If we are hitting the three ball effectively then I think they will struggle with our high low game with one of their guards defending either Wilson or Coates. The game will likely be in front of 15,000+ and that plays into our advantage. I'll take SC by 10-15.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
It should be a great game this year as well but idk if it will be as close as last years 3 point victory. I also LOVE Canada's game really wish we had her on our team I also love Monique Billings she has to be the most Athletic 6'4 post player in the country, outside of those 2 I don't know if they have enough to contend with SC. Lajhanna Drummer their AA post is still injured so they play a 4 guard 1 post lineup. If we are hitting the three ball effectively then I think they will struggle with our high low game with one of their guards defending either Wilson or Coates. The game will likely be in front of 15,000+ and that plays into our advantage. I'll take SC by 10-15.
Yeah I don't think it will be as close either. I think your prediction is likely right and with South Carolina at home I would add another 3 to 5 points to that. Gamecocks winning by 18 - 20 points. UCLA will likely give up a ridiculous amount of points in the paint.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't think it will be as close either. I think your prediction is likely right and with South Carolina at home I would add another 3 to 5 points to that. Gamecocks winning by 18 - 20 points. UCLA will likely give up a ridiculous amount of points in the paint.

When you play SC just pack down a zone and make them make outside shots. Then you guard Davis as she is the only person with a 3pt % over 36%. 3-2 Zone with extension on Davis's side or run a box and 1.

Reaction Score
When you play SC just pack down a zone and make them make outside shots. Then you guard Davis as she is the only person with a 3pt % over 36%. 3-2 Zone with extension on Davis's side or run a box and 1.
What Happens when they are making shots? When Davis, Gray, Cuevas, and Harris are all hitting from the arc, what's your next strategy? Trying to stop the High low with Wilson and Coates is tough for a lot of teams.
I tell you that is a good strategy but every game they are not going to be woefull from the arc and once they catch fire it's hard cooling them down, especially Davis. The Duke game was Gray and Davis' worst game. Both of them can hit the 3 Davis is more consistent. Not wise to leave them open from the jump especially at home anyway.

Reaction Score
What Happens when they are making shots? When Davis, Gray, Cuevas, and Harris are all hitting from the arc, what's your next strategy? Trying to stop the High low with Wilson and Coates is tough for a lot of teams.
I tell you that is a good strategy but every game they are not going to be woefull from the arc and once they catch fire it's hard cooling them down, especially Davis. The Duke game was Gray and Davis' worst game. Both of them can hit the 3 Davis is more consistent. Not wise to leave them open from the jump especially at home anyway.

Look at their shooting %'s. It's the best strategy to beat them, make them make contested shots from distance Make them make a long jumper over lay ups and 4 footers in the paint. They are 34% 3pt shooting team and that number is elevated by Davis. The rest of the team besides Davis are a combined 27%. I'll take my chances on a team with that % beating me on long range shots.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Look at their shooting %'s. It's the best strategy to beat them, make them make contested shots from distance Make them make a long jumper over lay ups and 4 footers in the paint. They are 34% 3pt shooting team and that number is elevated by Davis. The rest of the team besides Davis are a combined 27%. I'll take my chances on a team with that % beating me on long range shots.
That's why the Duke game was so puzzling they took 10 3 pointers in the 4th quarter and they were already down 12 heading into it. I was like what in the world are they doing! You are right though. Almost any coach is gonna go with the average. If they get hot then a good coach is going to come with a counter move.

Reaction Score
First thing I would do is pick up the ball at half court to slow down the half court offense, disrupting the rhythm. Then slide into your zone. I know, the ball gets thrown over the top to Coates who comes up to the elbow to help out. Let Coates beat you with a 15 foot jump shot. She doesn't have one.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
First thing I would do is pick up the ball at half court to slow down the half court offense, disrupting the rhythm. Then slide into your zone. I know, the ball gets thrown over the top to Coates who comes up to the elbow to help out. Let Coates beat you with a 15 foot jump shot. She doesn't have one.
Have they picked up their overall pace? I only got a chance to see the Duke game (however, I watched it 4 times and broke it down in stages) and often times they weren't even starting the offense until there was around 15 seconds left on the shot clock and this was without pressure. Maybe that game was an aberration.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
They hit 16or 17 3s in steam rolling Minn. In the preview tonight they showed a few of them. Minn defense almost nonexistent. Was going to watch but after 2-3 minutes of Antonelli's syrupy sweet sucking up I had to turn it off.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
up 18 in the middle of the 4th quarter.

stranger call: Wilson fouled a player who was attempting a 3, but it was called on the floor "after the shot". never saw that called as such. Wilson ran out to her and it looked "bang bang" to me but...

Reaction Score
They hit 16or 17 3s in steam rolling Minn. In the preview tonight they showed a few of them. Minn defense almost nonexistent. Was going to watch but after 2-3 minutes of Antonelli's syrupy sweet sucking up I had to turn it off.
Is Antonelli related to Coates? Must be.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
We played awful against Clemson tonight; our arch-rivals have improved over the last couple of years, but we should have won by at least 30. Is it selfish to be upset with a 22 point victory?

Reaction Score
We played awful against Clemson tonight; our arch-rivals have improved over the last couple of years, but we should have won by at least 30. Is it selfish to be upset with a 22 point victory?

I agree pretty uninspired against a much improved Clemson team. But I could also tell that Dawn didn't want to run the score up. When we got in our groove and started to pull away in the 3rd quarter up 59-42 on a 13-0 run Dawn yanked Wilson, Davis, and Cuevas quickly. She has tons of respect for her friend and it seemed like Wilson and Coates were just coastin' despite both having Double-Doubles. Pretty sure Dawn will have the group locked in and ready for a top 10 battle Sunday!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

If there's one thing Geno and UConn teach us, it's that one shouldn't play to the score, but rather to a standard.

So no.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Kinda like listening to Doris Burke or whatever her name is.. have to put her on mute

Reaction Score
Kinda like listening to Doris Burke or whatever her name is.. have to put her on mute

Kinda funny as to what people hear. When a lot of us listen all we hear is, "if you want to beat UConn", or several variations on that theme.

Reaction Score
The only thing different I would do is pick them up full court but not to trap just to make them start their offense with 15 seconds left on the shot clock. Hopefully that makes them run the offense faster and make mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom