Wanna Read The Tea Leaves? Shea | The Boneyard

Wanna Read The Tea Leaves? Shea

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"She says she “absolutely” has the best job, but would she love to be a head coach one day?

“I get that question a lot,” she says. “I was at Pitt five years and this is my ninth year here. I love coaching and I learn so much from Geno. It is a dream job, better than most head coaching jobs. But I know he won’t be here forever. He’s an incredible teacher.

“I try not to make plans, though, because when I do, it usually doesn’t work out. But if the right place and the right time come ...”

To me those dots are staring us in the face here. A topic that is maybe too well explored?

Reaction Score
<snip>

“I try not to make plans, though, because when I do, it usually doesn’t work out. But if the right place and the right time come ...”

To me those dots are staring us in the face here. A topic that is maybe too well explored?

In the "Geno's Legacy" series, "The Coaches" @ 24:22 CGA, w Shea, Jamelle and CD "...if there's anybody that I wouldn't mind us losing a game to, it would be wherever [Shea's] the head coach, going forward, or now certainly Cincinnati [looking and speaking to Jamelle], and I know Chris feels the same way...."

If I read your tea leaves correctly, we both think that Shea is going to be a great head coach sooner than later. Whenever the board talks Rushmore, Shea's story is compelling in that regard, because of what might have been.

Reaction Score
I'm not very good at reading tea leaves, but on a side note, the article mentions that Shea is responsible to coach the guards. After last night's game, she needs to do a better job. ;)
I will resist the appointment of a current assistant coach in any way I can. Doesn't matter who it is.
I've watched TNs success with that. Doesn't work and is a sure fire way to destroy a good team. Now TN is discussing hiring P Summit's rat of a son to step in and save the program.
NO WAY I will watch UConn potentially go down that path. Suicide.

Reaction Score
I'm not very good at reading tea leaves, but on a side note, the article mentions that Shea is responsible to coach the guards. After last night's game, she needs to do a better job. ;)
Interest interpretation by some --think Geno saying he wouldn't mind losing a game to Shea---to me he is coaching against Shea --and he isn't going anywhere.
Oldude---even perfect coaches have to deal with the talent they have available--and Shea/Geno did against Tulane. I have no idea what Shea could have done--with those available to her--before during or (ok after) the Tulane game---
The thing that her bench sitting guards needs and the time was before not now---was to get more PT experience and real in game coaching. Dog houses are nice to keep the rain out--but even great dogs stop hunting if they sit in them too long.
Don't mind me --I see a quagmire and the sugar to kill it hasn't arrived yet--frustrated

I will resist the appointment of a current assistant coach in any way I can. Doesn't matter who it is.
I've watched TNs success with that. Doesn't work and is a sure fire way to destroy a good team. Now TN is discussing hiring P Summit's rat of a son to step in and save the program.

Tenn---smart move hire Tyler---his experience and successes amount to have a world known mother..
That would be like --hiring a bad Holly to fix the Holly problem.

NO WAY I will watch UConn potentially go down that path. Suicide.

Reaction Score
Ex-Satellite Beach resident relishes 100 straight UConn wins

You could parse a few sentences here and draw a conclusion. I'll hold my thoughts for a while.
I don't think parsing is necessary---Shea and Marisa have the experience and knowledge to be HC's at some not top 10 schools. Their pay right now is better many of those in the below #25 category-- Geno isn't moving on--Christine isn't moving on---but some day while Geno is still coaching he anticipates coaching against Shea.
Good mangers do that--expect the lower managers to have grown and learned from them--and move on to better jobs.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't think parsing is necessary---Shea and Marisa have the experience and knowledge to be HC's at some not top 10 schools. Their pay right now is better many of those in the below #25 category-- Geno isn't moving on--Christine isn't moving on---but some day while Geno is still coaching he anticipates coaching against Shea.
Good mangers do that--expect the lower managers to have grown and learned from them--and move on to better jobs.

Maybe, but I read Shea as saying if one of the best positions in the game is not offered to me I'm staying here and taking my chances. If it doesn't come her way, like she said, I have a dream job.

Reaction Score
Maybe, but I read Shea as saying if one of the best positions in the game is not offered to me I'm staying here and taking my chances. If it doesn't come her way, like she said, I have a dream job.
Could not agree more with you and Shea----the kind of bucks she is getting compared to HC's around the country (below the top 20 or so) she is on the plus side of those. An assistant for the most part is a cushy job--little REAL responsibility---except if you are Shea who carries the world on her shoulders. There there is the possibility she could be anointed HC by Geno before he leaves , a Calhoun did with Ollie (no for you who say it's not Geno's right to do so--it wasn't Calhouns either --but the appointment went his way--and today Geno has more clout. ))

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom