Walz suspended | The Boneyard

Walz suspended

Reaction Score
Louisville women's basketball coach Jeff Walz has been reprimanded by the NCAA and suspended for the next NCAA Tournament game for inappropriate comments toward committee members and NCAA staff seated at the scorer’s table during loss to Mississippi State on March 30.

Per Jody Demling

Walz: "I used some inappropriate language as I expressed my frustration toward the scorer’s table about the officiating. I realize that these comments are not acceptable, did not represent the University of Louisville in the best light, and I apologize for my actions."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Louisville women's basketball coach Jeff Walz has been reprimanded by the NCAA and suspended for the next NCAA Tournament game for inappropriate comments toward committee members and NCAA staff seated at the scorer’s table during loss to Mississippi State on March 30.

Per Jody Demling

* meant Walz.... moderator, please correct

Walz: "I used some inappropriate language as I expressed my frustration toward the scorer’s table about the officiating. I realize that these comments are not acceptable, did not represent the University of Louisville in the best light, and I apologize for my actions."
I still like him...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I sympathize with Walz. While I don’t usually get on “the refs screwed someone” bandwagon, at the end of regulation when Hines-Allen drove the length of the court only to be hacked by McGowan, it was one of the worst non-calls by the refs I’ve ever seen. If the call had been made, Hines-Allen would only have needed 1 of 2 ft’s and Louisville would have been in the championship vs ND.

Reaction Score
At first I thought this topic was related to “Dancing with the Stars”. ;)

Reaction Score

Per Jody Demling

Too many people were screwed by the refs this year. The only ones who benefited were the Notre Dame group. Those games were horrid!!!!

Reaction Score
If you go on the ND forum Walz is the lowest of the low when it comes to opposing coaches with only one coach hated more..............I'll let you guess who that might be

Reaction Score
I actually like him more as a result of this information.

I know I mentioned it before........I met Walz a number of years ago when he was recruiting in NJ.......he was really a good guy.........spent a few really nice minutes with my stepdaughter who is disabled ............regardless of rivalries you don't forget stuff like that........

Reaction Score
i think we all can agree that overall the reefing in WCBB is horrible and needs to improve...... it seems that Dee Kantner and Lisa Mattingly get the important games and after that pick ur poison

Reaction Score
Yes, the poor refereeing needs to be addressed but Walz’s childlike antics on the sidelines are ridiculous. Coaches have other avenues to adddress issues without being a crybaby on the court.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Yes, the poor refereeing needs to be addressed but Walz’s childlike antics on the sidelines are ridiculous. Coaches have other avenues to adddress issues without being a crybaby on the court.
As a coach and person, I like Jeff. Do I think he gets a bit animated at times? Sure! The foul that was never called was so flagrant, I could have seen it even if I wasn't watching the game. So, it was an end of game, end of NCAA tourney, end of season etc. etc. "crybaby" ? I don't know if that's the correct title. He was defending his players and everyone else associated with the program. In that moment, there is no tomorrow or next game. Yes, he went a bit "over the edge" and has been called on it with an appropriate disciplinary penalty. What about the refs that didn't have the "nerve" to make the call? You can't convince me not one of them saw it. There are too many games that are decided by the refs, in NCAA Women's action. It's been that way forever, as best as I can see. I've been watching since the early '90s and it doesn't seem to get any better.
OK I'll get off my soapbox now. The new season can't get here soon enough!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
LOL Can't say the official didn't have a good view.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
" So. How many of you refs went to ND? " ;)
Too many people were screwed by the refs this year. The only ones who benefited were the Notre Dame group. Those games were horrid!!!!

upload_2018-5-29_22-22-35.png

Reaction Score
The person who should be suspended is the official who watched from four feet away, when McCowan flattened Hines-Allen, and didn't call it. The officiating, in general, was terrible, to the detriment of everyone but Notre Dame, whether our ND fans admit it or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom