Walton just joked vital | The Boneyard

Walton just joked vital

Reaction Score
Hard laugh of are you kidding me on yet another missed vital dunk layup whatever.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Complete BS.
He's not consistent, but if ya'll remember the second half of last year Vital was finishing with the best of'em.... He's just not consistent

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He's not consistent, but if ya'll remember the second half of last year Vital was finishing with the best of'em.... He's just not consistent

Vital was missing bunnies at the beginning of last year, especially in Maui. He turned into a decent finisher over the course of the second half of the season, even against some of the tougher teams in the conference.

What we saw today was an entire roster performing way below how good we know them to be (and I'm saying this independent of coaching factors). Gilbert for one - 1 point, 1 rebound, 0-5 from the field with 0 assists and 1 turnover? That's probably the worst game of his life. We have seen Adams and Vital play far better against roughly equal competition. That's what makes this so frustrating.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Does Vital ever make fast break layups? I can't recall one
Nope. Not in two years it seems. For all his toughness, he is not a finisher. Some of this stuff is fundamental and anyone at the D1 level should have this competency.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Does Vital ever make fast break layups? I can't recall one

Guy scored 30 points a few games ago, mostly layups. I’m more concerned with his terrible outside shooting this year. That’s he primary role on this team.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
He is beyond inept on the fast break. Earlier in the game, he came down court on the break with Larrier and Carlton and passed to Carlton. Who, of course, travelled.
Is it just me or is "inept finisher" a common theme in our "guard oriented offense" of the last 3 years?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Guy scored 30 points a few games ago, mostly layups. I’m more concerned with his terrible outside shooting this year. That’s he primary role on this team.
He struggles under duress.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He struggles under duress.

He was our most clutch player in tight situations last year, and made a very heady play the other day throwing the ball at a guy out of bounds. He’s a good player, just needs to find his shot, like most of our guys.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
No. He is even worse than Sterling Gibbs at layups.
Gibbs had the layup allergy w/out a doubt. I wonder who he's playing and missing layups for?

Reaction Score
Nope. Not in two years it seems. For all his toughness, he is not a finisher. Some of this stuff is fundamental and anyone at the D1 level should have this competency.

He finished a tough one in transition against Memphis at XL and two v. Cincy in the AAC semis. Those are those just 3 that immediately come to mind from last year.

Last edited:

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
He finished a tough one in transition against Memphis at XL and two v. Cincy in the AAC semis. Those are those just 3 that immediately come to mind from last year.

This year alone, I can post at least five contested layup whiffs. My point is at this level you have to finish under duress. Plenty of drills to correct that.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He finishes better through contact (that’s just how some guys are) which is fine but he seeks contact when he’s wide open which gets him off balance. Definitely fixable...if anyone on staff cared enough to explain this to him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom