OT: Walking Dead Season Ending Episode | The Boneyard

OT: Walking Dead Season Ending Episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
i'm glad they finally brought tyreese in. got a feeling the governor's gonna let merle and darryl escape and merle's gonna infiltrate the prison from the inside or something.

Reaction Score
i'm glad they finally brought tyreese in. got a feeling the governor's gonna let merle and darryl escape and merle's gonna infiltrate the prison from the inside or something.

All I have to say is Michonne! Besides the permanent angry black women scowl, she went to town, great fight scene with her and the Gov.

twd_gp_301_0507_0278.jpg

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score

They do a great job of mixing it up enough from the graphic novels while keeping the characters pretty consistent... not to mention I think they've improved on some of the weaknesses... which is saying a lot because I'm a big fan of the source material. :)

Reaction Score
It was a good episode but think I enjoyed the previous episode even more. Any Boardwalk Empire fans here? I thought the season finale was pretty awesome, Richard Harrow has become the best character on tv since Omar Little.

Reaction Score

I doubt Merle will infiltrate anything. He is a known racist, who wants to kill Rick and has already tortured Glen and Glen's hottie. That a lot to redeem, especially in the world where trust doesn't come easy for people that haven't wronged you. I am trying to figure out how the prison gang are going to let Merle come close to their club. I suspect that Darryl will pull him in with the threat of leaving, and the gang will comply, but that will just increase tensions down the road. Finally, Merle lied about Michonne, Michonne killed the Governor's daughter, so Merle is not high on the Governor's Christmas card list. The Governor is all about control, and if one of his chief lieutenants lies to him, he is out of control, and not someone that the Governor wants around.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I don't anything about the graphic novels so I say this...

no way Merle escapes the Town alive. If he does then he will be on his own ala Michonne was before she found Andrea.

Now, does Rick's crew rescue them? Can't see how with all the village idiots around but the suspense will be cool for two months.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Merle is as good as dead. I only wish the squid would become a zombie along with the entire ACC basketball teams, that'd be fun to watch.

Reaction Score

no way Merle escapes the Town alive. If he does then he will be on his own ala Michonne was before she found Andrea.

Now, does Rick's crew rescue them? Can't see how with all the village idiots around but the suspense will be cool for two months.

I saw Darryl in the upcoming scenes, so I assumed that the Grimes Gang rescued him somehow. I didn't see Merle, so he could be the sacrificial lamb.

Btw, I never thought Andrea was all that much until she started getting crazy with the Governor and AMC showed a little PG 13 skin. I was surpisingly impressed. She is, however, crazier than a thouse rat when it comes to men.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score

Merle doesn't exist in the novels... so no help there.. Merle did escape certain death once.

You can't really go by the books because which characters live and die and sequences of events are pretty different. They've done a great job of mixing things up.

If you're at all interested in reading them... I'd recommend picking up Compendium 1 after the end of season 3. They pretty much cover the same territory.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Merle doesn't exist in the novels... so no help there.. Merle did escape certain death once.

You can't really go by the books because which characters live and die and sequences of events are pretty different. They've done a great job of mixing things up.

Darryl is one of the most popular characters on the show. If he dies people will get upset. Merle, on the other hand, is hated by virtually everyone. If he dies, people will rejoice. I think the decision is simple.

But I really hope Michoone gets bit or something. Can't stand her, she is such a coward always running away when things get intense.

Reaction Score
I've read about some of the comic books on Wikipedia, and they are clearly more graphic and violent than the tv series. The comic book writers have no qualms about killing off main or fan favorite characters. I guess this is because no happy ending has ever been intended for the characters.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I've read about some of the comic books on Wikipedia, and they are clearly more graphic and violent than the tv series. The comic book writers have no qualms about killing off main or fan favorite characters. I guess this is because no happy ending has ever been intended for the characters.

The TV show killed off different main characters and emphisized others. The comic books aren't that much more violent. They've completely re-written other characters and Daryl and Merle were created by the TV show.

I really like both... I'm not a comic book fan either... I haven't read any since I was a kid. I honestly don't feel like having read them first really has diminished from my enjoyment of the series on TV in the least.

Reaction Score
I want more Michonne back story, very thin.. i think she has an interesting story from what i have heard from the graphic novel

Reaction Score
Great show.

At some point, Darryl is going to kill Merle to save Rick or the group.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Great show! We know one spoiler from the preview... Darryl is alive at the start of the next season. It may be setting up for Andrea to start suspecting the truth about the Governor which will lead her to release Darryl and of course, he will insist that Merle go along. The fireworks when Rick and Merle come together and the resulting choice by Darryl will be very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom