Walker's post game comments | The Boneyard

Walker's post game comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Walker Has Moved On
Playing against her former team for the second straight year in the Elite Eight, Kentucky junior Samarie Walker has official moved on with her life.
She was not much of a factor in Monday's 83-53 loss to UConn, scoring only two points in 23 minutes with three rebounds,
"I am happier here," Walker said. "I grew up a lot, I was 18 then and am 20 now and a lot of stuff happened between then and now, I have teammates who look out for me and encourage me to do my best and look out for me, other staff members, it is just a great atmosphere here and I am happy to be here.
"I haven't talked to any of the coaches since I left. "The only player I have talked to recently is Bria Hartley. I don't really know the other ones, the younger ones and I haven't talked to Stefanie, Kelly or whoever else is there for a while."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-women/hc-uconn-women-notebook-0402-20130401,0,4387311.story

I do not understand the comments by someone who proclaims to have grown up, yet they make such an insulting comment. I do understand the emotion of a loss (more like a beat down), but I find this last sentence to be rude. I supported Samarie when she transferred and I am glad to hear that she is happy and has gained support from a "great atmosphere". I just wished she picked up some class. Would never hear a UCONN player make comments like that.

Reaction Score
As with EDD, I long ago moved on from Ms. Walker. While I was really upset with the way she left, I definitely believe the team is much better off and it is now just a distant memory. I wish the kid well. She seems happy by her own account. We are happy without her. It is all good.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Walker will never be a significant factor, particularly if she ever'plays UConn again. So why do we care what she says or thinks?

Reaction Score
Try and acquire a little grace.
I tried, but it didn't happen. I hope the media lets this fascination with EDD and Walker go. I've been sick of it since they left.

Reaction Score
Just what was the insulting comment, Kevin? I've reread it a few times and I still don't see what you're talking about. Was it just stating that she hadn't talked to Stef, Kelly, etc? Was it the bad grammar?

Reaction Score
Let's talk about Walker's hairdo instead. Do we like it better than Charde's?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Wonk it fits her well... Charde's had to grow on me!

Reaction Score
Well, the insult I see is that she's saying she didn't get support from her coaches and teammates and Uconn. Hard to believe, but she decided she needed to go and left. Did I hear something about an ultimatum from Geno?

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Walker's dad was sitting about five rows behind us...he had an exact matching hair cut. It was definitely a little Father / Daughter bonding going on there.

Reaction Score
Samarie's parents thought UConn would be best for her. She was trying to please her parents when she came to UConn. It's difficult to buck your parents desires and few at age 17 really know what they themselves want before getting some experience. Samarie may have known from day 1 that the fit was not right for her, but she gave it, as they say, the old college try.

I'm sure we all have places and situations we can't tolerate. It's nobody's fault when that happens. To Samarie's credit, she was courageous enough to risk disappointing her parents and took a step that was in her own best interests. Everyone can't like the same thing. If they did, the line at the movie theater would be humongous.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Just what was the insulting comment, Kevin? I've reread it a few times and I still don't see what you're talking about. Was it just stating that she hadn't talked to Stef, Kelly, etc? Was it the bad grammar?
I'm not Kevin, but I think the "whoever else" bit could be considered a little flip. In fact, there are five kids currently on UConn's roster who were there when she was at UConn. That being said, I imagine she didn't have enough time to come up with more polite phrasing and that's what came out. I doubt she meant anything by it. Probably would have sufficed to say that Bria was the UConn player she's stayed in touch with and not continued answering a question that wasn't asked.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'm not Kevin, but I think the "whoever else" bit could be considered a little flip. In fact, there are five kids currently on UConn's roster who were there when she was at UConn. That being said, I imagine she didn't have enough time to come up with more polite phrasing and that's what came out. I doubt she meant anything by it. Probably would have sufficed to say that Bria was the UConn player she's stayed in touch with and not continued answering a question that wasn't asked.
I feel like you just made the key point - "I doubt she meant anything by it". She probably was starting with names, realized she either couldn't roll them out or it was just too many to say and trailed it off. Some of them may not have been anyone she was in contact with after she left at all, others she may have and it just didn't continue.

Reaction Score
Well, the insult I see is that she's saying she didn't get support from her coaches and teammates and Uconn. Hard to believe, but she decided she needed to go and left.

Try re-reading her quote. She did not say that - or anything insulting for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom